by dissed 30 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Chickpea said:

anger without enthusiasm is the definition of depression

Interesting.

• undercover
    undercover

I heard an active JW use the word "layoff" when talking about the recent "reassignments". Even though the Society may spin it one way, a good many of the dubs aren't that stupid. They know the deal...and some of them aren't happy about it, especially the parents that encouraged their kids to go and now they're having to support them again.

• greenie
    greenie

Can anyone speculate seriously about why they're being "laid off"? What reasons do they send them home?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The worst thing to any one that leaves bethel is the first time you have to do your taxes and you look at all those big fat zero's of social security contributions.

Even tho it will never be what it was SS has a slight promise of well this is something ...except to a bethelite who has contributed nothing to it and can't even pretend he has a safety net.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Greenie the reason for the layoffs is simple. Older bethelites cost too much. Bethel provides most health services one needs (especially if you have years put in) now who would need use of this service more a 20 yr old or the guy thats been there 15-20 yrs?

Another way older bethelites cost the society money is time off. You get more vacation time with years of service. If your pool of volunters has an average of 15-20 years of service they gonna take time off and than who is feeding the presses?

By're-asigning' the older betheites they can cut cost, have room to bring in the new fresh blood of strong back weak minded young folk, and send these old timers back into the field with a bullshyt 'special assignment' and put on the good-face to inspire a new generation of slave labor.

• knows better
    knows better

this is the gods honest truth. saw a bethel overseer, he and his wife sent out of the county (US) for 3 years. finally back waiting to go back overseas. his wife doesn't want to go. he went to governing body.. they told him and i quote " you don't understand.. we don't want you back". i was shocked. he spun it as jahs direction. i spun it as cruel.

• yknot
    yknot
    "you don't understand.. we don't want you back"

Care to share which (G)ibbering (B)as-turd alleged such a jack-ass response.......

Man when that BO's denial wears off he is gonna be pissed!

Frankly I expect Bethel Service to shrink to either familial or those whose sponsers donate the most to the society for the privilege of serving.

• knows better
    knows better

not sure which one. i dont want to drop the name of the overseer. i dont trust this board that much.

• undercover
    undercover
    not sure which one. i dont want to drop the name of the overseer. i dont trust this board that much.

I don't blame you for not wanting to give away too much info...

It's not the board or it's regulars you have to worry about...it's the lurkers, especially the Bethel monitors.

• yknot
    yknot

I wouldn't want you to reveal the BO......

I would rather you drop him the JWN addy when the denial wears off!

However since this comment could be directly linked to the Brother maybe next time post it in the 'private' section rather than 'friends' for his protection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit