Gulper eels....why do teachers assign little kids "projects" that they know damn well the parent are going to have to do?

by SnakesInTheTower 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ynot...

those are the exact pictures and drawings..that he will be using...not a whole hell of a lot on those damn eels... I printed out 4 copies of the pic just in case he messes it up... so far I am only out about $3.50 on this project....

I know it isn't the most opportune time for yall as a couple but what a great memory for him to have of yall working together!

yeah, the timing could have been better...at least I have the time to help right now...I hope I get better word that our work picks back up on Thursday,....or I have to go look for another job for awhile...

Snakes (rich )

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have a younger brother - he's 16 and I'm the one he calls on to help with his projects. I'm truly amazed at what teachers expect these days in the way of projects and yet they don't invest their energy in teaching (this is not at all schools in SA mind you)

I've had to help with creating a zulu mask - that was a ton of fun though and the family (made up of mom, myself and brother) use it as a time to bond and laugh.

Then there are the maths projects which boggle my mind and I have to dig deep. The most recent called for creating a product but in the shape of any number of prisms. Then you had to decorate and market said product. Then you had to compare your product to 2 others out on the market. To top it off you had work out suface area, volumne, capacity for each product......phew.......

Good luck

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The project is done...and it looks like an 8 year old did it because....wait for it....the 8 year old did it.

Because I am posting a picture that includes the 8YO with the poster, I am going to throw this into a link in the Private section...

Snakes (Rich )

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good for you! I'm glad you let him do it and I'm glad it looks like a child did it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

big tex... i would rather it look like it does and know that he did the majority of it...with some logistical help from me just so we can get it done...than have it look like some of those in his class that look like Graphic Art majors did it...

and it looks good anyway... his mom and I are proud of him

Snakes (Rich )

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

"some of those in his class that look like Graphic Art majors did it..".

ROFL!! You'll really start seeing even more awesome projects when he starts doing......science fairs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit