Documentary About The Flood and Noah's Ark

by Blue Grass 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

BareFoot wrote:

How long will the gas in your car last out in the open air? And insects in amber are insulated from the air, that's the only reason they're protected from decay.

I know this one! about a couple of hours. so how come we still have oil if it all evaporate? oh i know, its in the ground. insulated from open air by various stuff. like the bones. which we are talking about. and i dont even know why we have to argue this, the flood is impossible for a gazillion reasons and the fact that things like THIS is brought forth like evidence is quite telling. So lets have it from the start: Where did the water come from? Water canopy, miracle, or something else?

• BarefootServant
    BarefootServant

Bohm, I'd be surprised if you could find a single orthodox scientist who would not be incredulous that intact organic remains of 65 million year old dinosaurs can be found just by digging around a bit in the ground. On the other hand, if you are correct and this is not at all controversial and quite ordinary and expected, then we can expect that teams of scientists worldwide are even now working tirelessly to be the first to sequence dinosaur DNA, and claim their Nobel prize.

Whether or not this has any bearing at all on 'the flood' I don't know. I thought I had made clear that what interested me was this claim about the dinosaur remans, and the implications for the accuracy of the dating of fossils if it is true. Personally, I do not find it credible that any animal cells can routinely (if at all) exist for 65 million years.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

They haven't found dinosaur DNA, it doesn't last long enough, so there is nothing to sequence. All they have found is some protein, not cells with genetic material.

'Organic' doesn't even mean 'genetic material' anyway, it means 'carbon based' & usually refers to amino acids or proteins, both of which can last millions of years under the right conditions, it's very rare, but it can happen.

So although the DNA will have broken down not long after the dinosaur's death, it is possible to extrapolate what part of the organisms genome may have looked like by looking at the structure of the protein that the organism was constructing & from which the organism was constructed.

• Perry
    Perry
    Where did the water come from? Water canopy, miracle, or something else?

This is interesting. Here's a newly discovered ocean....it's true. Right here on good 'ole planet earth:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070210171556.htm

For the record, I am not saying that the known "evidence" supports a global flood. Many believe that the story is allegorical. They are ALL welcome to reproduce all they want to in my book. It's too bad some evolutionists don't extend the same kindness to those a little more hesitant than they are to accept as unassasilable truth certain conclusions.

This is the harsh militant truth of secularists illustrated by MISSING LINK:

Oh please tell me you didn't reproduce! Doesn't Texas have enough idiots?

As the secularists gain control of the world, people who view themselves as apes like Missing Link will increasingly make the rules of life and death for others, marrying their ideology to the state. They see this as their duty. Whereas Christianity was supposed to be separate from government, this separateness is the duty of all Christians. Secularists are under no such obligation.

Not sure what your obvious reference to abortion has to do with the Flood. Not very cool at all.

Have you ever known a secularist that wasn't a baby killer?... even if passively. I haven't. Yet these are the same people that scream obsenities when presented with the mangled fruit of their choices. It's called denial. These same folks deny huge holes in their uniformitarianism theory that drives their arrogance. It is all related. Like I've said many times, people see what they want.... and some of these people want to force others through intimidation to "see" as they do.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I was about to reply to that bullshit, but then i saw that you live in Texas, and i decided not to waste my time.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I would never make a personal attack against you Perry perhaps only your cognitive sense of reasoning.

It's too bad some evolutionists don't extend the same kindness to those a little more hesitant than they are to accept as unassailable truth certain conclusions.

Just because evolutionist step out and away from the imaginary world of mythology doesn't make them unkind to any other form of thought.

We should all be appreciative that there are people willing and devoted to explain through scientific discovery what this world we live is about and become

what it did, humanity can only gain from obtaining this knowledge.

Its sad and unfortunate that some people still rather live in the dark ages with the knowledge gained from the spirits as their guiding light..

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Perry,

Calling people "baby killers"...well...whatever credibility you could have had in this debate, its just not there anymore.

I am sure you could have made your point without bringing in abortion and calling people "baby killers", the fact that you choose to do this, well, it speaks volumes I guess.

• BarefootServant
    BarefootServant

@ Psychotic Parrot:

Yup, I agree. From Wiki:

Schweitzer was the first researcher to identify and isolate soft tissues from a 68 million year old fossil bone. The soft tissues are collagen, a connective protein. Amino acid sequencing of several samples have shown matches with the known collagens of chickens, frogs, newts and other animals. Prior to Schweitzer’s discovery, the oldest soft tissue recovered from a fossil was less than one million years old. [8] Schweitzer has also isolated organic compounds and antigenic structures in sauropod egg shells. [9] With respect to the significance of her work, Kevin Padian, Curator of Paleontology, University of California Museum of Paleontology, has stated "it's time to readjust our thinking." [8]
    The claim of discovering soft tissues in a 68 million year old fossil was disputed by molecular biologists for 15 years after Schweitzer's announcement. The authenticity of her discovery, however, is now generally accepted in the scientific community although the mechanism of the preservation is not well understood.
    Young Earth Creationists have cited Schweitzer's work as evidence that the earth is only a few thousand years old. [10] Schweitzer, however, who describes herself as a "complete and total Christian," has nonetheless condemned this interpretation of her work. [7]

So, the preservation mechanism needs work but we're not here talking about actual dinosaur flesh that's survived for 65 million years.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

"This is interesting. Here's a newly discovered ocean....it's true. Right here on good 'ole planet earth:"

Yes that is interesting. Science is truly an amazing thing. It still does nothing for your flood fantasy. If you had read the article carefully they're not talking about an underground "ocean" (ala Journey to the Center of the Earth) but rather the total amount of water contained in one portion of the earths mantle under eastern Asia. Whats interesting is that the explanation of how it got there completely goes against both your "young earth" fantasy and your flood fairy tale. Please read and TRY to comprehend the entire article next time, instead of getting excited over a sensational headline.

"For the record, I am not saying that the known "evidence" supports a global flood."

That's good you admit that. Because NONE of it does. Yet you believe it anyway. Strange.

"As the secularists gain control of the world, people who view themselves as apes like Missing Link will increasingly make the rules of life and death for others, marrying their ideology to the state."

Blah, blah, blah. Typical right-wing fundie slippery-slope argument. Bullsh!t.

"Whereas Christianity was supposed to be separate from government, this separateness is the duty of all Christians."

AMEN! At last we agree on something! Now if only we could convince the remaining 99% of your fundamentalist bretheren of this, and try to get them to stop using our religion-neutral Government to legislate their irrational beliefs! Lets collaborate!

"Secularists are under no such obligation."

In principle, sure. Since there is no "10 Commandments of Secularism". But, if you think this something to be concerned about, you don't understand secular humanist philosophy very well. Which doesn't suprise me. Basically, 'To each his own' is an extremely strong opinon among secularists. They (we) only get riled up when the Government is used to legislate particular religious views. For example, when school boards try to force students to learn about creationism instead of science. Your brethren seem to think that by not being allowed to shove their religion down other peoples throats, that somehow THEIR rights are being impinged upon.

Secularists seek only a society where the religious and the non-religious are equally free.

"Have you ever known a secularist that wasn't a baby killer?... even if passively. I haven't. Yet these are the same people that scream obsenities when presented with the mangled fruit of their choices. It's called denial. These same folks deny huge holes in their uniformitarianism theory that drives their arrogance. It is all related."

Have you ever known a Christian that wasn't a bloodthirsty warmonger?... even if passively? I haven't. Yet these are the same people that scream 'persecution' when presented with the violent and barbaric nature of their history, holy book, and God.

The "huge holes" you describe are only in the heads of fundamentalits. Not in the science. You havn't described any that havn't been handily shot down yet. Would you care to name some more? I'd also like to point out the fact that you've ignored my earlier comment that if you think that there are things (or "holes") left unexplained by current theories, there would be a mountain UNIVERSE of unexplainable phenomena if we tried to force a young age on this obviously old universe.

The "old earth/universe" theories WIN because they exaplian FAR MORE than other so-called "theories". Oh, and they also win BECAUSE THEY'RE BACKED BY ALL THE EVIDENCE.

You accuse science of arrogance, when the driving force behind it are statements such as, "I don't know if..." and "I wonder what happens when..." and "I wonder how..." Where as in religion the statement is "I ALREADY KNOW AND NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE." It takes humility to be willing to change ones viewpoint, no matter how cherished. THAT is the definition of intellectual honesty and a vital quality that nearly all creationists lack.

"Like I've said many times, people see what they want.... and some of these people want to force others through intimidation to "see" as they do."

Pot calling the kettle black much? Ironically, I don't know any atheist that wants to force other to believe as they do. But historically... this is exactly what Christians are known for.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

People should think seriously about this image as they contemplate the factuality of the flood fantasy...

The three spheres are 1) The Earth (duh) 2) The total amout of water on the planet [326,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons], and 3) The total amount of FRESH water on the planet. Hope that gives you some perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit