Burning literature (pics) and police called on Snakes :P

by SnakesInTheTower 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Strange to see that there are still people who openly follow the custom so openly shown in the 1930s, when burning books was at a peak.

When people start burning books, it's time to seek refuge. Soon they'll start burning people.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Best thread in a long time!

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures.

(now when armageddon comes you are so dead)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

green hue to the flames

That was the demons!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oh no! Burning "Awakes" is like burning college textbooks.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

But god would have liked the smell of burning flesh.......

Do kosher-ized marshmellows taste any different?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

That fire is awfully close to your house.

lisa

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Hey it takes a lot of heat to burn the beelzebub out of those books :) You poor guy LOL!

I had a ripping party. Page by page ripped about 30 books to shreds reducing them to unreadable pillage.

Then later, my estranged husband found out it was "ok" to get rid of all his old bound volumes because there are now CDs and he unceremoniously DUMPED them all in the garbage after threatening my LIFE about not touching Jehovahs literature for the last 10 years and keeping my demonized exjw crap with its demons away from HIS stuff. LOL

• Satanus
    Satanus

You're a super apostate. We need to get you a cape. Great writing.

S

• blondie
    blondie

Well, as to fire, it would affect more people and the community. So you are saying that if someone called and said that your neighbor was beating the crap out of you, threatening you with a knife or a gun, that it would take 45 minutes to get there?

I live in a city that does not allow outside buring of trash for just the reasons you pointed out. In the country where there is more space between properties, the laws can be different but even then you have to get a permit as well. It varies so because I lived so many places, I always check to make sure what the laws are where I am currently living checking with the government not my neighbors.

In some areas of the US, it doesn't take much to start a wildfire, California for example.

I'm glad you could symbolically burn the literature. I gave mine to Randy Watters who helps churches and other groups who battle the WTS set up research libraries.

Blondie

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

lisa:

That fire is awfully close to your house.

lol....I wondered if anyone would notice that... it was the garage actually. And no, the garage was in no danger...it was actually about 15 feet away, depth perception of the pic made it seem closer..there were a couple of mulberry branches that were close to the garage..and were moved to the center of the fire right after I took that pic...

jamie:

But did you get to roast weenies before the cops showed up?

no, we did get to roast a few marshmallows... ever read the ingredients on those things....ugh...

blondie:

Well, as to fire, it would affect more people and the community. So you are saying that if someone called and said that your neighbor was beating the crap out of you, threatening you with a knife or a gun, that it would take 45 minutes to get there?

as to the first point...absolutely...I was in the wrong and I knew it, despite my feigned ignorance to the cop.

As to the latter point...yes... the old neighbor...who it turns out was a felon, was recently arrested for getting into a shooting exchange outside of the house next door...the same neighbor that I have written about on these very pages...the one that on two seperate occasions (before I put up the fence) came over and pinned me up against my car and threatened to kill me if I didn't ignore his criminal activities...and on another occasion came over to my porch and verbally threatened me for "looking over at him on his porch."....yeah...that guy. It did take the cops nearly an hour to show up on those and other occasions because the city doesn't have enough manpower because of budget constraints......I guess last night was an exception.

Old Hippie:

Strange to see that there are still people who openly follow the custom so openly shown in the 1930s, when burning books was at a peak.
    When people start burning books, it's time to seek refuge. Soon they'll start burning people.

that was tongue-in-cheek, right? I don't care if JWs have their lit...I just wanted the satisfaction of erasing what represented literally hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours of "studying" at the University of Awake, highlighting "main points", etc., instead of pursuing a college education. anyway...I have tons more time to do more important things.... gotta run...Tue-Friday I have to take my soon to be stepson to school.... lol Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit