I can't get past the bitterness.....

by desib77 29 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks guys, at least I know that I'm not the only one that feels like this sometimes..... Just knowing that helps some.

PSacramento,

Of course I want my friends to be happy but it seems so selfish that they think they are blessed by god with every little thing that happens to them and completely overlook people who are just as deserving as they are but have never been "blessed". It angers me and I can't seem to get past it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Des,

I knwo where you are coming from, I don't like it either because it almost gives the impression that people facing hardships are "cursed" by God and we know that is not the case.

See, random crap happens to random people, good or bad, God has nothing to do with it.

When I pray to God I pray for him to give me strength to deal with adversity and when things go ok I thank him for that strength and I thank him for blessing me with helping me SEE the good I have, along with the bad.

I know a few people that tend to "slather on the b lessings", they do that to make themselves feel better, its a security issue and you shouldn't get to upset with them because that haven't really thought it through what they are saying and the repercussions of what it means.

But don't feel angry, disappointed perhaps or even feel disilusioned that they don't see that what they are saying is hurtful, but not anger.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I understand. You are not alone...

Good advice given on this btw....

• nelly136
    nelly136

swap the word bitterness for nauseated or overwhelmed or insert word of choice,

just cos you dont find it pleasurable or apealing it doesnt automatically make you a bitter person.

you just dont like it is all. we all have things we do or dont like, its called being 'normal'.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think sometimes we just need to take a step back from being around people who bring us down. Being around more upbeat

friends will help until it doesn't get to you anymore and you can ignore it all.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It even annoys me to no end when Christians capitalize HIM and HE when writing. It yells that word and throws off the whole message. Just sayin' cuz this is a sort of gripe thread Let's get one thing straight: The Christian god is neither male nor female, so the capitalization and even use of HIM and HE just rubs my female nose into the fact that MEN run the world and everything in it. THERE! Ahh, that felt better

Mea culpa.

I do it to show reverence, not for attention.

I even capitalize anthropomorphisms - feet, hands, eyes, etc.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, it is annoying when people are always "blessed" by this or that.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that you have a friend who wants to be with you. It has been a few years out for me and I'd like to have someone to invite me out for an evening with the girls. I always was very social when "in" and it's been a hard and lonely adjustment for me. Of course, being alone beats going back, but still.....

• desib77
    desib77

Quandry,

It has been difficult for me, too. I lost everyone that I had in my life when I left. It was as if I was a child starting over and having to make all new friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of practice making true friends as a JW so it wasn't something and still is not something that I'm good at. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me. Hugs......

• ninja
    ninja

That which is lost had no foundation to begin with

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit