Bible reading = Balaam has an intelligent conversation with his Donkey? Is this wierd?

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

So Balaam is a sorcerer of sorts, he utters blessings and curses, and there is a talking donkey and sword wielding angel to boot!

Who set up Balaam in the first place to be blessing and cursing? How does someone get that gig in ancient times? Is there any modern-day counter part?

Cameo-D ....great observations!

.........note to self- NEVER read Andrew Lang's version of Arabian Nights to children the month before covering Numbers..........

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think its a bad translation. What really happened was he got his ass beat, then he was talking out his ass about it.

• glenster
    glenster

One of my favorite stories of a person talking with an animal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWE49OOoBdg

• cantleave
    cantleave

Does anyone here recall JW logic that says Ventriliquist are evil because they are copying the devil when he made the serpent talk to Eve?

Well in the case of Balaams ass god did the ventriliquest bit through one of his angels.

Anyone spot a contradiction?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

KS,

What's weird about a person talking to their ass?

Yeah, and what's weird about Jehovah talking through his ass he does it all the time in the bible.

• trueblue
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You need the WT to interpret the Bible for you.

This is a figurative donkey, representing the composite Ass Class, who channel Jovah's instructions to the Great Crowd of Ass Watchers.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lol@KB

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

With enough mescaline or peyote, I could have a conversation with a turnip. And I'm sure it would be very rewarding.

LD

• yknot
    yknot

Cantleave....

Most of the references are comparisons to help the reader grasp Satan's use of the serpent speaking to Woman. However there was an article interviewing a man name Nacho Estrada who is a ventriloquist in the Jan 8, 2001 Awake that mentions ancients used it to dupe people into thinking they were talking to the dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit