Bible reading = Balaam has an intelligent conversation with his Donkey? Is this wierd?

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This weeks bible reading in Numbers has Balaam talking to his donkey like in the movie "Shrek." What would a Donkey say if it had human vocal cords? Probably: "CARROTS......MOOOORE CARROTS." But this was a Harvard Educated Donkey so the conversation went like this....

Numbers 22:28 Jehovah opened the mouth of the ass and she said to Balaam: "What have I done to you that you have beaten me three times?...am I not your She-ass that you have ridden on all your life long until this day? Have I ever been used to do to you this way?" To which Balaam said: "No."

The Watchtower index is empty regarding this account! Except this gem. BW 159-160 "Almighty reproved Balaam... causing an unreasoning beast of burden to utter intelligent speech. This is no difficult thing for one who could make "even the stones cry out." {Luke 19:40}

Okay so now we have talking stones!.....what would a stone say? "When I'm not rocking...and rolling, Jehovah is the one that ROCKS!"

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Other donkeys might not be that lucky...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

When I saw Narkissos had replied I thought it would be one of his trademark posts. I guess analysis of an account about a talking ass is not worth wasting the bandwidth on LOL.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

There is the wolf's version of the story and then there is the logical, reasoning version.

Many practices of divination came out of Babylon and ventriloquism was another magicians trick.

As I have mentioned before, the Mystery Schools taught tricks like this in order for the leaders/prophets to be able to wow the people and control them. These shenigans also brought them wealth, power, and status. These magi entered into covenant with these Teachers from the Mountains ( angels, aliens, demons...whatever you want to call these beings of superior intellect). The prophets paid for this knowledge by providing blood sacrifices for the "Teachers".

Ventroliquism was a sorcerers trick used in the practice of necromancy. It was used in a way to make it seem that the spirits of the dead had returned to pass on information retrieved from beyond the grave. It was the principle form of divination amongst the people of Persia and is believed to have been widespread among the Chaldeans and Babylonians. Ancient records show that it was also practiced in Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The oldest literary account of necromancy is in Homer's Odyssey (700 BCE).

It seems that Balaam may have used his talent in a different way. Found his own little niche as Dr. Doolittle rather than copy the seances and become a medium like the others who practiced that craft.

One thing that makes this story so comical and unbelievable is that when the donkey "began to talk" Baalam was arguing with him about going off the path.

Now, 007, if your dog started talking to you...would you simply carry on a conversation with him like it happened all the time? If your dog talked to you, would just continue to be bitchin at him for getting on the sofa?

This is not even a normal reaction to such a situation.

• quietlyleaving
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

I mean come on! Are you going to threaten to kill a talking donkey...or would you be calling a talent scout in New York?

Numbers 22:29 (New American Standard Bible)

29Then Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, (A) I would have killed you by now."

• homeschool
    homeschool

Sounds to me like there were mushrooms or extacy involded there. That is very weird. It's also weird that the WT index doesn't explain it. And not to hijack this thread, but ya wanna know what else the WT Library doesn't explain? Exodus 22:17.

• cameo-d
  • cameo-d
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Cameo-d good point a "realistic" Balaam would have fallen off the Donkey, ran for the hills and never drank wine again....instead he speaks to it about it's lifestory! Well if snakes can talk in Eden why not donkeys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit