Revenge of the Mentally Unhealthy Family

by ColdRedRain 27 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I had to ditch my toxic family, too.

It's a tough call, I know. I feel for you.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The thing is, I want to ditch them, I need to ditch them, but I have no resources to ditch them. It's either I play along with the dubbie game, off myself or I become homeless. You make the call.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

that shit is rough ... fortunately i pulled my folks away from the borg

• shamus100
    shamus100

That is really shitty, Cold Red Rain. I've been in a desperate situation that seemed hopeless too, and I'm damned glad that I didn't end it.

What are your options?

Play the dubbie game. Relax. Do what you have to do to get through the day. The opportunity will come for you to move out once and for all and leave the dubbie family for good. You need to get those toxic people out of your life forever, but not right now.

And for chrissakes, don't do anything fucking rashly. Trust me, things will get better - I've been right where you are, and life is definetly worth living. Just try to get through today.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Very good advice, Shamus.

You a wise monkey.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I can't play the dubbie game. I already have a borg-free GF and I've lived my life as an XJW for so long, many people in my community know about my feelings being an XJW. The elders around here know that I know too much about the borg and they will see fit that I don't become a disturbance in the area if I know too much.

Again, you make the call.

• shamus100
    shamus100

If I can make the call, just get through today. Think about a way out tomorrow. It's hard to think when shit is going through your head.

I can't give you an answer - not today. You're in a rough spot, no doubt.

Nothing rash, brother. Give yourself a week to think through the problem and act on it, if possible. There may be a way out. When you get through this you will be happy again - trust me.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It sounds like you have a great and supportive girlfriend.

Focus on the good in your life. I know it's hard sometimes. I agree totally with shamus - been at the worst point in my life a year and half ago. No job, no home, left everything behind with about $500 in my pocket to start a new life.

A few nights of sheer panic, the only way I could sleep was to keep repeating to myself "I have a place to sleep tonight. I ate tonight. I have a place to sleep tonight. I am safe tonight. I am safe tonight."

I PROMISE you, it will get better. Just keep hanging on.

• shamus100
    shamus100

And how are things today?

• yknot
    yknot

Ditto Shamus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit