Revenge of the Mentally Unhealthy Family

by ColdRedRain 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I won't parse words. If I continue in this situation, I'm going to be dead by my own hands. Having them in my life is getting to the point where I can't function and I will choose not to function anymore. I can't move out because I'm recieving survivor's benefits and government money is fickle, especially in these days of the recession. I know I have a loving girlfriend and everything, but I can't continue with this toxic family anymore. Nobody wants to take me in and I don't know if my finances are going to be there for me in the future because I'm always getting conflicted diagnoses from various doctors who aren't familiar with ASD. I want to have a new life with her away from my family but I can't launch myself. It's frustrating.

Like I said, I'm not going to last too much longer and I will probably end it by my own hands. The stress is too much to handle. The stress and pressure of trying to build myself up and getting out of this toxic family is too much and my only other options is either to live in misery, get my girlfriend involved in this mess and live miserably ever after as a Shadow JW or to die knowing that I did my best to not feed into the JW's power.

I've looked into moving out. I can't because it cost too much and I have creditors harassing me. I also can't feed myself, get my driver's license and own a car and do other things to help me gain independence if I decide to move in on my own because I have a lack of funds. And then there's the specter of social security ending for me based on conflicting DXs(Most say I have some sort of ASD, others claim I might be psychotic, based on my stress triggered meltdowns).

I also would rather die than be caught up in the mental health system and be committed. They pretty much strip your rights away there too. I just want to be free and live my life without having that stress in my life. I can't go on any longer.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

First, there's this resource.

Second, you need to seek help from a trained professional. Google psychiatric and therapeutic care in your area. There is almost always somebody who will work on a sliding scale fee. When I went to therapy I paid about $10 a month. You can get through this. You can find help to get through this.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Already have one and they always say "get away from your family", but I really have nowhere to go.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

What is ASD? I googled it and found Atrial Septal Defect (hole in your heart) but that can't be right?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

And I'm sorry to ask a dumb question at such a stressful time. :(

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Autism Spectrum Disorder

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Please, please, don't enact a very serious permanent solution to a transitory and temporary problem.

Please call the folks on Blue Canary's link.

(to Georgie... Autism Spectrum Disorder.)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Do you have a family physician?

He/She probably knows resources that would be available to someone in your situation. I am in Canada and not in the States, but I know the Dr. I work for is always referring patients for mental health services, lifestyle counselling, etc. We have a Primary Care Network here that people in your situation can be referred to and the programs are all free and the follow-up is excellent. There must be something like that there.

Talk to your doctor. Let him know you are hanging by a thread and need help.

Big hug to you, CRR

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Have you applied for subsidized housing for the disabled? If you can get an apartment through that program, most utility companies have a perecentage of income plan where you only have to pay a small amount.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yeah, there's a long line for that. I've been waiting for 5 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit