Does God have a name?

by the research lady 11 Replies latest jw friends

• the research lady
    the research lady

Biblically speaking, God has many names. What name should we use? Marvin T. Wilson, author of the book "YHWH in the Bible, Divine Titles, Names and Attributes will be the guest on the telephone conference call "In Search of Truth" this coming Saturday Sept.12,2009 to discuss this subject. Since Jehovah's Witnesses insist on using what they say is the only name for God, Jehovah, they may surprised to hear what Marvin's research has discovered. If you would like to hear and be part of this telephone conference call, it can be heard on the Six Screens telephone network. This program immediately follows the Six Screens conference call. The time of the program will be 9:30 p.m.EST on Saturday Sept. 12,2009. Dial the following number (712)432-8710 and use pin number 9925. There is no caharge for the call, just your normal calling rates apply. Here is a link to the last two programs. http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/isot-conferencecall.html

• Priest73
    Priest73

Yes. B-I-N-G-O. Bingo is his name O.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, God's name is Phil. :)

On a serious note, whiel most "rank and file" JW's still spew the "Jehovah is God's only true name" stuff, the conversations I have had with some elders has shown me that, just like their book "The name that will endure" states, Jehovah is not THE name of God but one of the many versions of YHWH and they verison they (JW's) choose because it is easily identifiabel with the OT YHWH and with themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, He has names that He lives up to.

Like "Baghead".

Like "Almighty Lowlife Scumbag".

Like "Almighty Sore Loser".

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

How about Rumplestiltskin, slept through second coming, time of end. Or maybe just name him "DEAD"

• stillin
    stillin

Howard be His name

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

His name is Annu, he is Annunaki. He is from Nibiru, also known as planet x.

God is like a corporation or collective of entities. The being who looks out

for mans good is Enki aka Satin the debil

The God who tried to destroy man with the flood and causes war and suffering is Enlil

aka Jehovah.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes - his name is ................................

Dave Gimour the greatest guitar hero ever

• PEC
    PEC

Damn

Philip

• dinah
    dinah

B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

*now I have a jingle stuck in my head*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest