Last of the JW literature on the burn pile :)

by SnakesInTheTower 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It feels good to get WBT$ literature out of the house ..

Burn it, send it to the dump..What ever..

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, there's something else.

As I was ripping that particular book apart, I was saddened and angered at all of the detailed notes, scriptures, etc that represented literally hundreds of hours of "personal study™" as I prepared for the Congregation Book Study, both as an MS and as an Elder and CBSO.

This is so poignant that it made my heart ache.

Isn't freedom grand?

Sylvia

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

chickpea:

there is a spiral bound isaiah book with notes

yep..both of those.....and a "daniel" book..and something else...all in the pile

you can almost use the book layers like an archeological dig ....to determine the beginning of the end, in terms of our drifting TM ...
    dog-eared books heavily studied to convention releases never opened

hadn't thought of it that way, but absolutely. I found probably 2 reams of copies of convention notes I or my mom had typed, tons of transcripts of various CO talks my mom had transcribed (part of her way of "studying")...all of that went into the burn pile. I went through tons of pics of a bethel trip I organized back in 1991.... and tossed out all of the pics and negatives, with the exception of pics that were of my mom and I and pics that were non-WT properties... (ie, World Trade Center, Toronto, Niagra, etc.)....

When I was done going through most of my storage bins, I had rid myself of 4 bins down to 1/4 of a single bin. The rest of it is on the pile and I will burn it later when it is a bit cooler outside....maybe we will have a wiener roast....LOL.

snowbird....I know you was messin' with me....The "secular" reference was both "tongue-in-cheek" and to distinguish from WT literatrash. We wouldn't call it anything other than just a Bible reference book otherwise. All of my WT "reference" books (aka brainwash materials; i.e. Insight, Concordance, etc.) are now gone.

heaven:

Fire is very cleansing.

I love fire, maybe a bit too much.... lol.

WTWizard... I couldn't believe it but I found a whole bunch of duplicate Kingdumb Miseries in all of that crap I threw out.... it is so brittle it should burn nicely....

and just further comment on what snowbird and chickpea said...my life is taking a good turn.....the process of them moving in combined with work pressures on both of us is taking a huge toll on our sleep right now...which in turn is causing minor health issues for each of us...all stress/sleep deprivation related.... we get past this month, get them completely moved out of their old place, get all of my projects around the house finished, and we hope it will calm down.... we took this moving in step pretty damn fast.... but it is not a road we want to, or even could, go back around. Kinda like ripping a bandaid off....short term discomfort to get to the more relaxed times.

Snakes (Rich )

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sacolton:

It's gratifying to think they are rotting away in some landfill right now.

chickpea:

you can almost use the book layers like an archeological dig

these two statements are interesting....I purposefully burned and/or recycled because of this very thing. Newspapers were unearthed from decades ago that were still legible. Stuff in landfills are compressed to such a degree that decomposition does not take place, or does so slowly. See Google links to the Tuscon Garbage Project. http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/05/books/we-are-what-we-throw-away.html?n=Top/Features/Books/Book%20Reviews&scp=1&sq=garbage%20dump%20archaeology&st=cse Interesting book I want to read.

Snakes (Rich )

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bb:

Boxes and boxes of mine went into the recycle truck. I hope it was made into toilet paper.

If I had been drinking my coffee at that moment, I would have spewed..... LMAO... wonder if anyone would like to photoshop that and post the result.... I'm thinking...roll of TP with the roll down over the top....with WT covers as sheets? heh heh..

wtwizard:

so I had to settle for ordering new Halloween lights to decorate the foyer for Halloween when it never was attempted before

I figure I should be DF by Oct 31....my fiancee is huge into the holidays and decorating....and I have no intention of stopping her...probably help her... if the "Happy Birthday" banner earlier in the month forher birthday doesn't do it first.

Snakes (Rich )

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I burnt all of my "personal" JW items over a year ago.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have started to throw out the bound volumes, told my missus we don't need them since we get the WT Library, and they take up too much room. I put a couple in the recycle bin every time it is collected by the council.

• dissed
    dissed

God destroyed them for me. It was nice of him to do so.

Like many of you, I had quite an exstensive library going way back. Many books came as a gift from an old annointed witness.

While stored in the garage, a flood came through my property soaking them all pretty good. I figured God was trying to tell me something. (a flash flood is an act of God, no?)

They all made there way to the trash dumpster, the whole lot of them. No sentementallity from this ex-JW. No regrets, no tears, and one happy wife knowing we had more space in the garage.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I wish I was where you guys are. I am still holding on to a collection. Mostly for proof purposes. I feel the need to have hard copies if I need to prove something. One day I hope not to care and have noone left to "save".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Snakes,

Hurry and dump gasoline on them and throw some old tires on top and light it!!!

If you wait, smurfs will come and put them all back in your house!

HURRY!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit