JW Opinions on Obama

by feenx 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I've always been amused that some Witnesses seem to have very strong political opinions in spite of not voting and actively taking part in politics. Seems as though it's just part of human nature for some people to be unable to keep their opinions to themselves and be truly neutral.

I've heard as many admire Obama as hate him among Witnesses, to be honest.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

William Miller was an Officer in the civil war..

A religion spawned from the civil war era is not going to be big on Black Leadership..

Russel taught black people were going to turn white in the new system..LOL!!.

Racisim was built into the WBT$ Cult,from the get go..

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Racisim was built into the WBT$ Cult,from the get go..

High five!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`d love to have a beer with you anytime Sylvia....

A beer and some of your southern cooking..Yum!..

• undercover
    undercover
    A religion spawned from the civil war era is not going to be big on Black Leadership..
    Russel taught black people were going to turn white in the new system..LOL!!

Well, with the WTS the color of money is more important than the color of skin.

They have managed, over time, to market themselves as an equal oppurtunity religion. One can argue about their early days and rightfully so, but at some point they did embrace de-segregation for their own reasons. In today's JW world, they need all the men they can get. They do not discriminate based on race or color when it comes to gaining converts, appointing pioneers and servants.

And this had nothing to do with being non-racist, non-predjudiced, fair or Christian. It had to do with money and to make more of it. The Society de-segregated only when it was safe to do so. They never stepped into the civil rights fray. To do so would have hurt their pocketbook. Once things cooled down, they quietly embraced it and claimed to have always been fully racially integrated. Maybe they were in Bethel (again for cost savings) but in the South especially, congregations weren't de-segregated until the 70s.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Funny that you mention Southern cooking, Outlaw.

My two nieces were down from Atlanta this weekend.

We had a wonderful supper of turnip greens, beef short ribs, smothered chicken, candied yams, mac & cheese, and of course, cornbread.

For a send-off brunch, we had a big ol' pot of yellow cheese grits, salmon patties, biscuits, home fries, smoked sausage links, and lots of other stuff.

I'm ashamed to admit that I gorged myself on the salmon patties.

Wish you and all of JWN could have been there.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They do not discriminate based on race or color when it comes to gaining converts, appointing pioneers and servants.

That may be true,but back in the day..

A (The name escapes me at the moment) GB member had no problem calling a Black Person a "N****R" at the Bethel dinner table......

The Black Bethelite did`nt like being called "Boy" when asked to pass a plate of food..

So the request was re-phrased.."Pass the plate of food N****R"..

Lack of racial dicrimination at the top of WBT$ leadership is a new idea for many of them..

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe that was Lyman Alexander Swingle.

Ah, when the Big Day arrives, and the towers fall!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Sylvia!..

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

My parents (JW's, dad elder) love to complain about every president. They whine about social security but live in a beautiful home and go on at least 2 trips a year. Complain about cash for clunkers but have 2 brand new cars. How is that neutral? Then when you offer up some sort of solution or political viewpoint they immediately start with "It doesn't matter what we think this system is going down, they are all Satan's pawns". Non neural and lazy thinking at it's best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit