JW Opinions on Obama

by feenx 23 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here much, including during the recent election. I am curious if anyone knows what the opinions, official as well as non-official or "gossip" *gasp*, on the election and Obama. I remember as a kid my mother would always complain so much around election time, just like xmas, because she hated it so much. And I know once George W. was in office they saw it as such a clear sign of "the end." So am interested to know how the borg is taking Obama and people's new outlook.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They're forbidden to have an opinion. They must remain neutral.

• feenx
    feenx

Well yes, I realize that officially everyone is nuetral. But we all know that's not always the actual case with the average herd in the congregation. In addition to people forming theories about the latest president fits into the endtimes, etc.

• JWoods
    JWoods

If we could extend the present balance of left-wing versus right-wing thought here on this board, I would say that there is probably a greater majority of approval for Obama in the current active JW population than there was by vote in the general election. Maybe as much as 65/35.

I remember that when Kennedy was assasinated, there was a great deal of sadness and distress...(and of course that it was a "sign of the end").

When Nixon was elected, there was quite a bit of JW talk on how evil this system of things was and how horrible the government was.

As discussed before, JW members are FAR from having a truly neutral view of government and politics - regardless of what they say.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

JWs believe that Satan is the ruler of this world.

They believe that Satan controls the Political, False Religious and Greedy Commercial systems.

By definition, then, Obama is Satan's number one political agent on Earth.

If JWs are in a good mood, of course, they could describe Obama as "God's minister", because they believe that Jehovah "allows" Obama to be in this position.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The election of Obama scares the GB because its causing JWs to think twice, especially black americans. Poorer JWs are very excited about a lot of his programs to point where they are being reminded that their blessings come from Jehovah and not Obama.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What Shop said.

From the pew forum.org

Racial makeup of Jehovah’s Witnesses in USA: White 48%/ Black 22%/ Latino 24%/ Other 5%.

Seems White JW's are in the minority. If there should ever be a mass exodus of Black JW's, that'll be all she wrote.

Be afraid, Governing Body - be very afraid!

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• JWoods
    JWoods

But at the same time, aren't all but ONE of the governing body White Anglo-Saxon americans?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Samuel Herd, the token Negro?

Hah, hah, hah!

Sylvia

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Samuel Herd, the token Negro?
    Hah, hah, hah!
    Sylvia

Can we call him an Uncle Knorr?

Share this