anything exciting ever happened.....

by angel eyes 16 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Have any of you had anything exciting happen,like meeting someone famous you've always wanted to meet?

Some exsperience that you will never forget that gave you much happiness......

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

when I was an active Witness I had the pleasure of being able to take a trip over to New York and take a tour of the Bethel and even get to meet members of the G/B, it was a trip that filled me with excitement, but the whole tour and even meeting the G/B members left me feeling utterly disappointed and my final feelings were this is NOT the organization that God has selected to do his will on Earth, to meet such evil ungodlike men who seamed to be so puffed up with pride, and who have contributed in the covering up of paedophiles, to keep endorsing the murderous blood ban on it's members, and to have actively embraced the Great Harlot of Revelation, and enforce a sickening procedure on it's own brothers in Malawi, left me physically sick

• crapola
    crapola

I had the opportunity to meet Ray Stevens a few years ago and my daughter and I had our picture taken with him. That was fun and we enjoyed his show that evening.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I use to visit the bbc quite a bit with a friend who worked there, got to meet lots of people on tv,and I met some pop stars too...Gary numan wow he is hot!!! and met a few recent singers too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Years ago my husband too me went to a black fimmakers award ceremony and the party after. At the party I got to sit next to this person: Lynn Whitfield. A really nice and classy lady.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

wow....now thats what i call brill.....she did the Josephine baker story....beautiful lady too. Did you chat to her much? I'm sure i would have,bet shes an interesting person to get to know too. Thanks for sharing that Mrsjones.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Leaving a cult with your head held high is always fairly exciting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

During my years in NYC, I saw a number of famous people.

My favorite, however, was meeting Jerry Orbach in Brooklyn Heights. He was one of my personal favorite actors, and he was filming an episode of Law & Order. I had an opportunity to briefly speak with him and tell him how much I enjoyed his work.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Did you chat to her much? "

It's wasn't really the place to chat (loud music and Clifton Davis humping Tisha Campbell was a bit distracting)

P.S. I'm not a gusher

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Darren Flutie asked me to go to a party with him a few years ago. After the CFL Player Awards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit