Do You Have "Contempt" For The Witnesses?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I do. I totally feel disdain for the Organization. They suck.

• Gregor
    Gregor

For some of the individuals who seem to have character traits that thrive in the cult environment. But I feel pity for a lot of them too. Not happy people.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

No, maybe because I am still one.

I have contempt for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society but in my opinion that is a whole other thing to "the witnesses" ie individuals in the congregation.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have to say not the people, as a general rule,
    although there are some real anal-puckers who
    play the game like it is an episode of survivor....

contempt for the WTS?
    i would have to raise my
    opinion of the b0rg to hold
    it and its minions in contempt

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I have contempt and disdain for the organization more so than the people involved in it,

I see it as corporate slave trading with the intentions to exploit and manipulate people to gain power and wealth, essentially an earthly kingdom.

The people who this organization has entrapped deserve a measure of empathy !

• acolytes
    acolytes

I think each generation has a right to see life that makes sense to them, not their parents or 12 deluded men.

If only a new generation witness could say to his parent

"Why do we do this?" Or Dad "I cant accept this teaching but it wont effect how you view me" and the dad says "Know of course not son"

I have contempt for the organisation and many individuals within that organisation but not all witnesses.

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, not them personally, but I do hate the WTS.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I only have contempt with witnesses that display total self righteous arrogance within their own ignorance and there are few of those to be sure !

• boyzone
    boyzone

I try not to have distain for the people but I must admit I frequently fail.

I know they are deluded, I know they are victims of a con and I know they genuinely feel they're right, but knowing all this doesn't ease the pain of being shunned by friends on a daily basis.

The PO actually told me that each witness has individually decided by their own concience to never speak to me again, he said it had nothing to do with the Society's direction on this. Whilst I know he was speaking tripe, it puts the onus on the individual. If they indvidually treat me with contempt, then I find it almost impossible not to feel the same contempt for them as individuals.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    I do. I totally feel disdain for the Organization. They suck.

The Borg? Yes! Individual JWs? It depends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit