fruit of the loom

by John Doe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I remember as a child, before I knew what a "loom" was, I thought it must have been a groin, and therefore the fruit of the loom was dangly bits. After all, that's what fruit of the looms protects, right?

What misconceptions did you have as a child?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That's funny. I remember my sister saying that she thought the hail mary prayer went, Hail Mary full of Grapes. But she never saw grapes in any of the paintings or statues so wondered if Mary had eaten them all and left none for any other little children. She didn't much care for Mary.

J

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

When I was very little I didn't have a clue what sex was, but I'd heard it described as "sleeping together." So I figured that when grown-ups went to bed, they must have sex all night long.

• donny
    donny

I remember back around 1968 when I was 9, I heard an older cousin, who was talking to someone on the phone, that he was going to go to a party and smoke some grass. In my mind I imagined him smoking the St. Augustine lawn clippings that my dad placed in the compost pile every week.

Don

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I thought strep throat was stripped throat, like a stripped screw and that's why your throat hurt, cus the feeling in your throat was like removing a stripped screw.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I actually thought the song "Wooly Bully" was about a hairy mammoth.

• Farkel
    Farkel

In 6th grade, I heard kids use a certain word all the time when they were taunting girls. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong when I called my sister a "horror." My mom heard me and made me look it up after giving me the proper spelling! Ooooops!

Farkel

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I confused thespian with lesbian for many years lol!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

That reminds me of something that happened in the SEVENTH grade.

We were learning about courts and the judicial system.

We could prosecute our classmates for different offenses.

We would go to the teacher and say we wanted to prosecute so and so for whatever reason.

I was pretty shy and timid so for me to even prosecute someone was out of character.

But, instead of saying Prosecute, I said I wanted to prostitute so and so (which was a girl)

The entire class laughed their ass of, I had no idea what I said.

I lived a sheltered life.

My best friend in HS last name was Dilday but everyone called her Dildo.

I was one of those people that pressed down really hard when writing. On Dildays X-mas tag I wrote To: Dildo really hard so that it made an indention

in our Family Dining table............OMG, the horror of my Mom when she read it. I got my ass chewed out royally.

Well, it was not until well on into being an Adult did I find out what a Dildo was and

Had to laugh at the whole scenerio for what it really was.

• Marlene
    Marlene

Purps- that's an awesome story. I hope you inherited the dining table!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit