Has anyone else noticed how long the titles to topics are these days? I mean they used to be quite pithy but now they ramble on and on...

by dmouse 21 Replies latest social humour

• dmouse
    dmouse

Honestly! Look at the first pages and see how short the titles were.

Now they can contain two or three sentences! Are we losing the ability to be concise?

Shouldn't they be like newspaper headlines, accurate, but just enough to spark curiosity?

Dean

• minimus
    minimus

yes

• John Doe
    John Doe

Who cares? Concise enough?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Another thing I don't like is run on sentences, because run on sentences frequently have way to many commas instead of periods, which of course hinders the ability to actually understand what the person is writing about, and that in turn doesn't allow me the ability to comprehend enough of the points to respond intelligently, because it could all be simple crap that the person is writing, not that anyone could ever know, because the thoughts aren't seperated into simple sentences....

Love

ATJ, king of the run on sentence....

• John Doe
    John Doe

I despise the misuse of to, two, and too.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

What about their, there and they're?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, but you didn't use those.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I despise people who attach to much importance too to, too, two, to, and Desmond Tutu.... ;)

• brinjen
    brinjen

What about rambling on with the same point repeated over and over but just in a different way, I mean when they say the same thing but just in a different manner, there is two many ways to point there point across so they repeat over and over they're point and sometimesevenforgettousethespacebar... just the same thing over and over but worded differently in case you didn't get it cause theres to many sides here but there view is just the same thing over and over and over.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Personally I'm often tickled by newspaper headlines, which are short but are a clever play on words. The UK's Sun newspaper is particularly good, if anyone can remember some?

One of my favourites was when Caledonian Thistle battered an under par Celtic side out of the Scottish Cup...

Headline:

Super Cali Go Ballistic, Celtic are Atrocious*

(*hint: Mary Poppins)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit