QUESTION TO JW REGARDING THE DOCTRINE OF 144,000

by Celestialfrontier 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Celestialfrontier
    Celestialfrontier

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, and until yesturday I never knew the beliefs of your congregation. When I did finally read them, I was amazed to discover that most of what the Lord has revealed to me as TRUTH, through my prayers and studies, is found in your beliefs. And out of all the christian denominations that exist, "MOST" OF YOUR BELIEFS ARE ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD, unlike the other churches.

EXCEPT YOUR TEACHINGS ON THE 144,000.

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE THE IDEA OF THIS DOCTRINE OF YOURS IS IN SCRIPTURE? EVERYTHING ELSE THAT I HAVE READ REGARDING YOUR BELIEFS IS MORE ACCURATE THEN ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCH THAT EXISTS, EXCEPT THIS ONE.

WHO DO YOU BEILEVE ARE THE 144,000? THIS QUESTION I BELIEVE TO BE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND.

CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE THE SCRIPTURES WHICH SUPPORT YOUR DOCTRINE PERTAINING TO THIS?

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Hi Celestial and welcome to the forum. Well done for looking us up as here you will find out the reality of what JWs believe and how it affects people.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Just to let you know there will be some major revisions to the current understanding of the 144,000.

elder-schmelder

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

The problem is that this is not based on the scriptures. That is why it is going to change. JW's believe that it is a literal #, even when the whole book of revelation if full of figurative #'s.

elder-schmelder

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Every year there is a new 144,000..

144,000..Class of 1956

144,000..Class of 1957

144,000..Class of 1958 ect..ect

Thats why there are so many JW`s that belong to the 144,000..

• leavingwt
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

welcome to the forum

go to their "official" site - http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060715/article_02.htm

btw do you know renaii

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Outlaw you crack me up!!

• glenster
    glenster

It's ironic you bring up the literal 144,000 in a post which otherwise
    commends the JWs leaders honesty when the 144,000 idea is at the root of their
    dishonesty.

The JWs leaders since before they were called JWs, since the early days of
    Russell's Bible Students, have claimed to be the spokesmen and only rule makers
    of a literal 144,000 of their followers who like feeling exclusive and don't
    seem to mind a slew of bad predictions and would rather not believe they have
    dishonest leaders. The exclusiveness is meant to be defined by a dozen or so
    rules (it varies) which the leaders claim are shown to have the best cases for
    the original intention of the Bible by the best evidence and reasoning. But
    that's not true or the rules wouldn't be so exclusive about material so old
    tackled by so many from about any angle you can think of.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/144000_%28number%29

Keep that focus and your detective work should be easy, except you'll probably
    wish you had a clerical staff--the JWs leaders have had over a century to come
    up with that crap. A lot of their material is available over the Internet and if
    you can't find what you're looking for, ask here and someone might have it for
    you.

The research I have on it at the next link can give you a head start.
    http://gtw6437.tripod.com/

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is an important part of the 144,000 teaching that applies today. Only the 144,000 anointed are supposed to partake of communion, and the number is supposed to decrease until the end. It declined to 8500 in 2005 and then the number of partakers started increasing. It is now up to nearly 10,000! This means the doctrine is wrong or that nearly 20% of JW anointed leader are fraudulent.

One claim that JWs make is that the new partakers are new members who do not know what they are doing. However, when they are counted it is only their numbers that are counted, not their age or time elapsed since baptism. So there is no way for one to claim this as fact since that data is not collected. There is an audio of a JW being confronted with this fact and lying to a study, if you are interested in studying this matter further.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/180980/1/How-can-a-teacher-be-dishonest-to-a-study-and-have-any-credibility

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit