• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi Jen, I pm'd you...........wf

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Please read "Crisis of Conscience" and "Combatting Cult Mind Control."

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Black Sheep, thanks for that link. I've added the book to my wishlist--along with about 15 others.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Yes, welcome, Jen, and I hope you keep posting! Leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses religion was like taking in a great breath of fresh air. I have found "worldly" people to be mostly kind, caring, very decent people, who accept others unconditionally. I have such wonderful friends in the "world"! They are nothing like what the WTBTS tries to lead the Witnesses to believe. It truly is a manipulative religion, and I am so happy to be out of it. I feel bad about family members who are JWs and that I can't have normal, natural relationships with them. Though I feel sadness about that, I am certain that I made the right decision when I disassociated myself. Thanks for sharing your story, and please keep posting. I wish you and your children the best!

• Roski
    Roski

My story is very similar. I married a 'non-believer' and was told the same thing (and intuitively felt the same thing) but we have been together for 15 years through good and difficult times. Your relationship may or may not survive - take it slowly and look out for yourself and your children first. The behaviour of your family will fade in importance as you grow in your own strength.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit