Elder doesn't remember being on judicial committee with my wife

by JimmyPage 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My wife was talking to an elder at the meeting recently. He asked her if she was still on restrictions (for our pre-marital hanky panky). She said yes. He went on to imply that they would probably be lifted soon.

Then- and this is the part that stunned my wife- he asked, "Now who was on the judicial committee with you?" She gave him the benefit of the doubt by naming the two other elders. Then he asked, "Was I on that committee?" She said, "Well, yes... yes, you were." He apologized, explaining there had been a lot of other things going on in the congregation recently.

So here she had worked herself up for so long about even going to the elders... and he didn't even remember being there!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He's an Alco for sure...hick up!

• fokyc
    fokyc

That is so typical of elders, they have very good 'selective' memories. The COBE in my wifes cong, forgets anything if it is to your benefit, BUT if it is something he wants to pull against you, he remembers back to before he was even in this cong.

But at least he did apologise!

I know a sister who was on restrictions for over 10 years! most of the body had changed and I think they had completely forgotton about it!

fokyc

• nelly136
    nelly136

apart from answering at meetings and cleaning the toilet what can women at the hall be restricted from?

• Scully
    Scully

How would he have known that she was on restrictions if he wasn't there? Aren't those restrictions and the reasons for them supposed to be confidential??

I would have loved to have been restricted from giving talks and answering at meetings and going door-to-door.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You mean your wife is THAT stunning that he simply HAD to remember her?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What I find most interesting about your wife's experience is not that he forgot, but his admission that he forgot because of all of the OTHER things going on in the congregation - as in, many more JC's that were happening! Really shows how f*cked up the congregation and its members are, doesn't it?

- Wing Commnader

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He did not say that, he said that a lot of other things had been goind on. Could have been a lot of JWs starting out as pioneers, could have been plans for making the KH bigger, could have been about building a new KH, could have been about too many studies to handle, could have been about many things. Don't be so negative!

• Scully
    Scully

TheOldHippie,

Surely you understand the problem and really don't mean to make snide comments like that.

Being on Restrictions™ is supposed to be a very serious matter, both to the JW placed on those Restrictions™ and to the Elders™ Serving™ on the Judicial Committee™ that imposes those Restrictions™, because the person's Standing™ before Jehovah is at risk and the Restrictions™ are supposed to be for their Spiritual™ benefit. For an Elder™ to have no recollection of participating in an event carrying such significance to JimmyPage's wife (or anyone else, for that matter) is quite insulting and demeaning. Unless, of course, the Elder™ in question is becoming senile... in which case, he should be restricted from being an Elder™.

He did not say that, he said that a lot of other things had been goind on. Could have been a lot of JWs starting out as pioneers, could have been plans for making the KH bigger, could have been about building a new KH, could have been about too many studies to handle, could have been about many things. Don't be so negative!

It could also mean he was diddling the kids in the congregation too and was trying hard to appear righteous by putting someone else on Restrictions™ so he would not be discovered. Don't be so naive!

• sir82
    sir82

TOH,

Lately you've been straying into reniaa / Spike Tassel territory, "defend the JWs at all costs".

Wouldn't you agree that to be told by an elder, to your face, that he just doesn't remember causing you one of (very likely) the most painful & humiliating emotional issues you've ever faced in your whole life, would be highly upsetting?

What callousness! What absolute and utter lack of compassion! "Lots of other things going on", be they positive or negative, is no excuse for appearing so cold and unfeeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit