Today show mentions Garrido's wife was JW

by purplesofa 29 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Okay I give up I stink at this :) Just google Jehovah's Witnesses news its the sf gate story.

Bring back the guillotine, and off with this guy's head already!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey truth,

I found the article thanks

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/BANS19GU6D.DTL

How Garrido got out the first time

here is the paragraph

When Garrido subsequently appealed his sentence, however, his lawyer said he was getting help in prison and had become a Jehovah's Witness. In a handwritten letter to a judge in March 1978, Garrido said he was ready for a chance to "get my life in line."

"I am so ashamed of my past. But my future is now in controle (sic)," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/BANS19GU6D.DTL#ixzz0Pv6oK8UP

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can see Phillip's beat up van following the Google Earth Street View van from 1554 Walnut Ave, Antioch, CA 94509 to

Viera Ave & Bown Ln, Antioch, CA 94509

When the Street View van goes past his house the van is parked in his driveway. It pulls out and follows the van.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Why is it that everyone finds Jesus in prison????

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:jQ5QU5wEenkJ:www.christianwitnesses.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/BELGIUM.doc+marc+dutroux+michelle+martin+jehovah&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

a different case but it has its similarities, though the jw angle doesnt get much mention in the links available on it these days.

when the garrido case came up i couldnt help but remember marc dutroux. there was also jw background, the wife assisted, he was locked up during the time his abductees were imprisoned, wife covered for that period etc

• sir82
    sir82

Well, I bet that doesn't make it into the Awake's "Watching the World"!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

When Garrido subsequently appealed his sentence, however, his lawyer said he was getting help in prison and had become a Jehovah's Witness. In a handwritten letter to a judge in March 1978, Garrido said he was ready for a chance to "get my life in line."

"I am so ashamed of my past. But my future is now in controle (sic)," he wrote.

wow. The plot thickens.

Rosemary West got witnessed to in prison and is now a baptized witness.

edit: omg check this link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/09/01/jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnap-police-believe-wife-nancy-garrido-holds-key-to-sick-crimes-exclusive-115875-21639377/

Neurologist Gary Mears from Colorado's University of the Rockies said there have been previous cases where perverts like Garrido have been supported by their wives.

He added: "They actually might encourage the relationship because they don't want a relationship. Their motivation is more curious."

Born in Texas, Nancy was visiting an uncle in a Kansas prison when she met Garrido, who was serving time for a 1976 rape.

She was naive and sexually inexperienced and would have been impressed and then quickly overpowered by Garrido.

He perhaps saw her as the proof he needed to give prison authorities that he was a reformed character.

They married behind bars in 1988. He was released soon after, proving how valuable she was.

Garrido exploited Nancy's upbringing as a Jehovah's Witness as a way of manipulating her.

SHARED MADNESS KILLS MORALS
    By David Wilson

If Nancy Garrido is convicted she will become one of the most notorious woman criminals of our age.

Her case is more similar to Rosemary West's than Myra Hindley's as it was in a domestic setting and apparently went on for years and was sexual.

It will be hard to understand why she did it. You have to look at this in the context of the power the male partner is able to exert at home, with the female partner becoming almost like a puppet.

Phillip Garrido could demonstrate such power in a number of ways. He had used violence and had a mental health condition which seemed to manifest itself in an ability to convince people he was doing God's business.

Because of the power of the male, the female partner gets caught up in his world of justification, of denial and of withholding moral disapproval.

Nancy Garrido does seem to fit into some of that pattern. The other thing is that some women are sexually attracted to children. They can exercise that attraction if they are in this world of a folie a deux - "madness" shared by two people - where it is normal behaviour. In that case it becomes more possible to behave in a way that you and I would never be able to.

Often when you remove them from the stronger male partner they suddenly see clearly and are overcome with remorse and self-loathing.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There no doubt will be lots of investigation in the lives of these two people.

Nancy being raised a witness and then him converting to JW will have an interesting spin on the story.

I was wondering how a baptism is held in prison.

And if they went to meetings together after he was released.

It takes quit some time to get through the two books required to study before baptism

and then going over the questions with elders, so some elder, some congo somewhere

knows something about Garrido's JW story.

Nancy does not seem to have a very bright lawyer from what I can tell.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

She has been an accomplice for how many years?!?!? She is just as guilty as he!

I am so sick of hearing how women can't be the aggressor. If the transcripts ever become public of the Bernardo/Holmoka hearings (Ontario incident - Kristen French/Leslie Mahaffy murders), you will be repulsed at the sheer evilness of Karla Holmoka. She helped drug, rape and kill her own kid sister.

She helped cut up two dead bodies after they had jointly brutally raped two other teenage girls.

She played the innocent victim, and is now out of prison, changed her name and is living well in another part of the Country. Her husband, the weaker of the two but male and therefore "more evil" is still in prison.

It is time courts acknowledge that both genders are equally capable of despictable acts and should treat offenders the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit