Today show mentions Garrido's wife was JW

by purplesofa 29 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Guess she took the subjection thing very seriously, purp.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The beginning of the video is telling of why a woman gets with a prisoner, interview with pyschology expert.

Geraldo mentions perhaps she was doing missionary work.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

That mentioning of her being a JWS , speaks a lot of what a weak sense of morality a person can have and at the same time be involved in

a religious organization that proclaims itself the moralist of them all. You could tell by the way the woman/wife was posturing herself in court

that she knew what they did was very wrong , guilt was oozing off her face. With all the media attention this situation is getting

it's very likely that the two will have to be kept in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives in prison or face an attack by other inmates.

GOOD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

it's very likely that the two will have to be kept in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives in prison or face an attack by other inmates.

Oh my god, that sounds just awful. Those poor people.

LD

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

What?? LD - do you know what they are accused of? The kidnapping and raping of a young girl who they imprisoned for 18 years. It is alleged that Garrido is the father of the girls 2 children. I only say alleged because he hasn't yet been convicted but there's no doubt in my mind that he was guilty and his wife enabled and assisted him.

Prison is too good for folks like this. They don't need to be in the gene pool.

I haven't heard any news outlet mention any JW connection. The only thing I've seen so far is that he was handing out religious tracts. Despite the WTS claims, others do engage in "preaching".

Doesn't really matter what religion this sick perv was associated with. I hope the system doesn't let this girl down again and deals with these two.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Ld was joking silly.

WhereWasI

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

I guess he was a Jehovah witness at one time??

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

My apologies. We were just discussing this at work today and I'm still a little worked up.

• truthseekeriam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit