Irony just came to my door

by twinkle toes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

That was priceless outlaw!

You know when I was reading this thread for some reason the nursery rhyme Mary had a Little Lamb popped into my head.

Hopscotch

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Now I'm thinking of "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Groovin with a Pict" from Umma Gumma

Ah, this brings back fond memories! This is one of the albums I refused to trash when I joined the cult, so I still have it.

W

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Ah, this brings back fond memories! This is one of the albums I refused to trash when I joined the cult, so I still have it.

You are the man I've been dreaming of. Run away with me. You can bring your bird.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Robdar: Not that he needs it but FF is an amazing guy and I'd fully endorse any non-pyschotic women to go for it!

Must like birds tho!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL @ Uzzah. No problem, I'm an Ellie Mae Clapett when it comes to critters.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Too bad you didn't tell them what you were reading and ask them what they thought about it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

In keeping with Mrs Jones PInk Floyd Sheep theme.

The Lyrics to Sheep reminds me of my JW experience.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
    He makes me down to lie
    Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
    With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
    He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
    He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
    For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones,
    Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
    Master the art of karate,
    Lo, we shall rise up,
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"mary had a little Lamb

She died of the shock."

Seriously the change in the Sheep and Goats doctrine means that they should not say they are looking for sheep. This judgement is made by Jesus during the Tribblation.

HB

• moshe
    moshe

Back in my protest days, if they were working the neighborhood, I would have walked with them to the next door and told the householder all about WT shunning, 1975, the works. I know it must have looked strange to the householder when the JW started their canned presentation and little 'ol me is adding my 2cents worth, as a former JW, standing a few feet behind them. I try to get the JW's to answer some embarrassing questions, too.

I speak from experience that no JW has lasted more than 2 or 3 doors. They leave the neighborhood very quickly. Of course, I ask them why they are running away from a little persecution and if they have the truth why don't they stand and defend it, instead of running off? If they get angry at me I remind them that only the meek will inherit the earth. That makes them angrier for some reason. It has been about 15 years since I lived in an area where JW's knew me. The last time I walked with a JW from a door down the sidewalk was about 4 years ago. A sister pulled out her cell phone and threatened to call the police, if I didn't leave them alone. I told them, "What are you going to tell them? The sidewalk is not private property and we are both exercising our freedom of speech. Don't you think you will look stupid?" The two sisters turned around and got in their car and left the neighborhood instead.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Love the PINK FLOYD influence on this thread. I bought Animals in 1979 a couple of years after it came out, It was one the Albums my mum threw out (she didn't even hear Pigs - three different ones)

Back on topic. You should have made goat noises!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit