Irony just came to my door

by twinkle toes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I was just downloading the 1969 Awake article that proclaims the end is giong to be in a few years and youth should expect to not grow old. As I was reading it I was reflecting on all the people who are around my age (mid 30's) who were not even born when this article came out.

Then my dog started barking. I looked out the window and seen a mini van group full of 30 something Jdubs preparing to call on me. These are all (except one) people I grew up with. They clearly don't know I live here. So I answer the door;

" Hello I say. "

Then a 36 year old close (former)friend of mine says," Oh I didn't know you lived here!".

"Well, I do," I said

"I thought you lived ( and then he says where he thought I lived)"

" Nope this is my house, what are you boys up to today?"I asked

"Well obviously were out looking for sheep like ones" Then they turn and leave.

Now that was a little rough. It took everything in my power not to make goat noises all the time they were scurrying back to the van.

I would love to know what they were talking about in the car. How are they explaining me to the guy who didn't know me. And what are they doing out in service at 11:00 in the afternoon on a tues. Can they all have today off? Get jobs already.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

P.s. I am not df'ed or anything. So I guess I am not even worthy of some encouragment.

• crapola
    crapola

I find it to be extremely rude for them to treat you this way. Especially since you knew them. You should have gone with your desire to make the goat noises. Idiots like that deserve it.

• dinah
    dinah
    It took everything in my power not to make goat noises all the time they were scurrying back to the van.

You should have!! It would have made them walk away more quickly.

• Robdar
    Robdar

You should have made goat noises and head butted them too--just like the little goat that you are.

Here, you can borrow my horns.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Looking for sheep eh?

Hope they are wearing skirts cause sheep can hear a zipper a mile away !!

• White Dove
    White Dove

How rude! Former friends is right. The nerve of them.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Well obviously were out looking for sheep like ones"

One possible reply:

"Sheep don't question anything, but they will submit to anything."

"Sheep have no natural defenses against predators looking for them."

"Sheep don't even complain when they are sheared bald."

"Sheep are so trusting they will even follow idiots around."

"Yep. You knocked on the wrong door alright, bubba! Y'all have a nice day now, heah?"

Farkel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think they should beware of the sheep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFrobmC7fs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Looking for Sheep?

Have you given up on women?

Sheep. .

.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

Mrs. Jones, I LOVE you! I haven't heard anything from Animals in a long time.

Now I'm thinking of "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Groovin with a Pict" from Umma Gumma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1tfUaBezFo

I think I'll go smoke me a fatty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit