WAS ANYONE IN YOUR CONGREGATION CONVICTED OF ANY CRIME?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes.

A member of my former congregation was convicted of a felony related to money. (I do not recall whether it was fraud or embezzlement.)

He was disfellowshipped, of course.

-LWT

• wobble
    wobble

An Elder in the Congo i used to attend said to me :

"We have had every crime in this Congo. except murder, and I'm working on that one !"

great Guy, no longer an Elder, but still in, shame. he was right about the crimes, we had the lot, including paedophilia.

Love

Wobble

• thepackage
    thepackage

One MS in my old Hall got caught stealing from his work. He got fired, convicted and put on probation. I remember it was about $5,000 or so. His parents paid whatever fine there was.

One “pioneer” was caught selling “copyright” t-shirts of Disney characters. He used to sell them a local “Swat Meet” to support his pioneering. Funny thing was that he had a sister in the Hall doing the art work and another brother printing the t-shirts. He paid a huge fine and was in a half-way house for about six-months.

• blondie
    blondie

Robbery (in prison)

Kidnapping at gunpoint

Child molesting

Burglary

Spousal abuse

Phyiscal abuse of a child

Fraud (not paying employee taxes to IRS)

DWI

Speeding

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes, pedophile and served 2 years

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Pedo, of course.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh, and several DUIs.

And pot.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

An elder in my former cong went to jail for driving drunk and killing a young girl. He only got four years.

• cantleave
    cantleave

As in any group of human beings Crimes will be committed in the congregations. The issue is that the most serious are covered up so as not to bring reproach on Jehovah's name (the Borg)!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit