Revealing Quote

by Farkel 47 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Interesting Farkel, but that's like saying Hawaii lost the Stanley Cup last year.

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:Interesting Farkel, but that's like saying Hawaii lost the Stanley Cup last year.

You must be good at doing something, beks. Anything. I now have to add "analogies" to my list of things you are really crappy at doing.

I honestly cannot remember any analogy more stupid and irrelevant than that one.

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

Why the animosity lately Fark? You were always so sweet.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I now have to add "analogies" to my list of things you are really crappy at doing.

Ohhh gosh, I kinda missed this. How sweet!!! You're keeping a list about me

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:You're keeping a list about me

And checking it twice!

Not agreeing with your ideas and/or methods has nothing to do with not liking you.

"This is not personal Sonny. This is only business." - Godfather, the respository of all human wisdom

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

You charmer!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

BTS

Emo, how many of those were wars fought between two nuclear powers?

Immaterial question to the point I was making - that many people seem to have the idea that there has been little bloodshed due to war since WW2.

PS, remember nuclear weapons aren't the only WMD - there are chemical and biological weapons too - that warfare could be going on even as I type (but I don't want to get into conspiracy theories lol!). Also I wonder how many of those countries have depleted uranium tipped bullets in their guns - nuclear warfare doesn't have to be big-style. One bullet at a time will do just as well...

PPS I'm not anti-nuclear either - I do recognise that they have had some stabilising effect on the world, I just disagree that they've prevented as stated 'countless wars and bloodshed'!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WMD have turned "global military confrontation" into "localized military confrontations".

During the cold war, the US and USSR got into via 3rd parties, since they could lay the kaibosh on each other directly and if we are to rack up the body counts of the numerous "local wars" in which the US and USSR had their hands in, it would be quite the number ( Korea and Nam are the ones that most remember, but there were many more less visual ones also).

While MAD has kept the peace in terms of global wars, it hasen't done anything to lessen the interference and manipulation of ALL nuclera powered countries ( USA, USSR/Russia, France, GB, etc.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit