Revealing Quote

by Farkel 47 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not sure about that, the Nazi's racked up a good size number, 10 million in Russia alone.

Napeoleons reign was pretty good too !

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What a nice way to explain gods absence.

Thanks, take it up with Niccolo.

BTS

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I read to the part where the dude said that God was the original scientist and my brain threw up.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Surely their god of "science and knowledge" should have stopped all this war, famine and disease by now?

Wish I lived before 1914.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Therein lies the problem. If God "can", why not now or even millenia ago? If God "will", then when?

Take it up with Him. I do not dictate to my heavenly Father about what He should be doing. He has His reasons and likely I won't be able to comprehend them. Plus, what right do I have to tell Him what to do with His creation anyhow?

In the meantime, humans are attemtping to do the job God "can" and "will", but never has and maybe never will.

For sure, mankind likely won't manage the job. We seems to be getting closer to totally messing up the ecology of the planet beyond repair or killing us all with "weapons of mass destruction" than we are in stopping people dying from starvation or loving our neighbour.

God may be on an extended vacation, but we humans cannot afford that luxury. There is much to do until and when God ever gets off his ass.

For me, God is hard at work behind the scenes. Heaven is actually waiting for His people to get off their asses. Expect to see the church doing that more and more.

All the best,

Stephen

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"or killing us all with "weapons of mass destruction""

Perhaps if you read any books other than the Bible you would realize that those "weapons of mass destruction" are the one thing that has kept humanity out of countless wars and bloodshed.

Why was there no world war 3? Nukes.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    you would realize that those "weapons of mass destruction" are the one thing that has kept humanity out of countless wars and bloodshed.Why was there no world war 3? Nukes.

Bingo, Dr. Strangelove. Time to learn to stop worrying and love the bomb. It has made another large scale war between advanced nations impossible.

BTS

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

"There's never been a kingdom given to so much bloodshed as that of Christ."

This reminds me of a bumper sticker that says "Jesus called and wants his religion back."

Rachel

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Why was there no world war 3? Nukes.

Ah, if that were only true. Rather, it has been extraordinary people that have gone against the warmongers that have avoided WWIII.

There were a series of events in the early 60's that brought us closer to the precipice than any other time. There were warriors on both sides ready for war, and apparently tried to manipulate one side or the other into bringing us there. Never has there been such a keen desire for America to launch a first strike.

God didn't visibly step in to stop it. Christ has not officially taken any credit. Certainly the fact that we and our enemies both had nukes didn't make these hawks draw back - if anything, having nukes has a history of edging us towards war.

Roosevelt took glee in his nukes, and was not above using them as a threat to force his views onto other states. That is, until someone else also got them.

No, it is not nukes that save us, although the threat of mutual annhilation - which really means OUR ENEMIES HAVING NUKES - has influenced the great men that have kept us from another World War.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Roosevelt took glee in his nukes, and was not above using them as a threat to force his views onto other states.

Sorry dude, but Roosevelt was busy pushing up daisies when the nuke button first got pressed.

No, it is not nukes that save us, although the threat of mutual annhilation - which really means OUR ENEMIES HAVING NUKES - has influenced the great men that have kept us from another World War.

Exactly my point. The above has proved true.....until now.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit