NOAH MAY HAVE BEEN BLACK!

by badboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

tHERE IS A THEORY THAT WHITE EUOPEANS FIRST APPEARED 5,500 YEARS AGO,ITS IN THE SUNDAY TIMES.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so would Shem , Ham amd Japeth been then

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that Ham was black, but Noah was not.

*** g82 2/8 pp. 13-14 The Races—What Is Their Origin? ***Skin Color

According to the Bible, all humans descend from Noah, through his three sons Shem, Japheth and Ham. Genesis chapter 10 lists 70 descendants of Noah saying: "From these the nations were spread about in the earth." (Genesis 10:32) One of the many ways in which these nations have been classified is with reference to skin color. In the skin of allnormalhumans is a blackish brown pigment called melanin.

Noah and his three sons all had a measure of this dark pigment. From Shem came the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Jews and the Arabs who vary from fair to light-brown skin. The descendants of Japheth, who include the Indo-European races, vary from light skin to dark brown. As for Ham (meaning swarthy or sun-burnt), some, but not all, of his descendants had dark skin. The Egyptians, with light-brown skin, descended from Ham’s son Mizraim. Ham’s son Canaan, who was cursed by God because of bad conduct, was the forefather of the light-skinned Canaanites.

In agreement with this, Dr. Hughes, a professor of anthropology at the University of Toronto, said: "On every continent, and in every geographically defined race, there is a considerable range of variation in . . . skin pigmentation, . . . the Tamils of South India are considered by many anthropologists to be members of the Caucasoid [white Indo-European] major race, yet in skin pigmentation they are darker than many African Negroes."

All of this shows how foolish it is to interpret God’s curse on Canaan as referring to a dark-skinned people. All divisions of mankind have a dark pigment in their skin, some to a lesser, others to a greater extent.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

From what I just read that theory has been around for a while and is a bit more complicated than the Noah tale, besides we're all originally from Africa:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/ax/frame.html

• avishai
    avishai

Who cares? Dna has traveled all over. There are 3,000 yr. old Caucasian mummies found in the middle of China. Besides, Noah is a myth.

• avishai
    avishai

All of this "this guy was this color, etc." stuff is just divisive hooey. I don't care if JC was black, white, or plaid. He had some good stuff to say, and like several others, when he said "Be nice" they killed him. We should be examining peoples motives to kill those who say "be nice" (Ghandi, MLK, Rabin, RFK, etc, etc,) far more than the amt. of melanin they carry.

• moshe
    moshe

I read once that in 10,000 years the blacks in the USA will have a white skin color, due to living too far north. Noah= myth and Tower of Babel= myth, too.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very true Moshe

Adam & Eve = myth

Cain & Able =myth

Moses=myth

Parting of the Red Sea= myth

Sodom & Gomorrah= myth

Lots Wife= myth

The Flood = myth

The Nephilim=myth

David & Goliath=myth

Samson=myth

Jonah =myth

Daniel =myth

Jerusalem destroyed in 607 BCE =myth

Virgin Birth =myth

Fall of Jerusalem in 33 CE=myth

The Crucifixion = a myth(!)

The Whole book of Revelation= myth

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Blondie, I remeber that explanation by the WTS, how on earth did they make those assumptions?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I heard that Mary Poppins was actually a call girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit