Cannot understand without the organisation

by ozziepost 51 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Robert,

What makes me childish? I think my questions were very adult in there content and mature in their nature. I didn't call you any childish names or make short glib statements to try and side step an issue. I have noticed that out side the realm of scripture swapping posts you are quite out of your element. Psychology and psychological profiling when pointed in your direction seems to be your kriptonite.

How many of my questions scared your Robert?

It looks like I might have touched a nerve. I expected much more from you Robert. I do see that your reaction does fit the pattern that I spoke of. Your response was that of a guilty accused being pushed into a corner and not having anymore excuses so something sophomoric and defensive is all they can muster.

It's not fun having your buttons pushed is it. I'm going to keep following you around from post to post until you have given me an adult answer to each of my questions.

Childish buffoon, come on Robert, you can do better than that.

Take care

Dave

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

To Bobby (You Know):

Despite your interlinear attempts at antagonizing me, I refuse to indulge your craving. However, I am going to continue to disagree with you wherever you substitute "witchhunting, scapegoating, mudslinging" for simple and honest truth, reason, logic and facts.

I do not worship the other creatures at this or any other forum. The only collective effort found herein is a unilateral conformity to oppose manmade interpretations, legislation and traditions disguised as a modern-day "vox-senatus, vox-deus".

It's simply not tolerated as acceptable. I am not concerned with the personal affairs of other humans, nor does it affect the exercising of any personal faith I own. I do not consider myself "theologically" enlightened, nor "spiritually" enlightened" any longer. I once did, as a pioneer, and I was obviously mistaken.

The habitual repetition of scripted dogma, minus scientific and historical evidence is debilitating and stigmatizing. The guilt based peer pressure to publicize and advertise paranoia and fear does not induce love, but promotes competition, and low self-esteem resulting in chronical depression. Just look at your pioneers and older ones and then the miserable children.

It does not require a "PhD" in psychiatry/psychology or sociology to notice the long-term effects of cult-like group dynamics and self-denial.

No, I am not enlightened Robert. If the light that shines in you is really darkness, then how great that darkness is.....

I am not enlightened, but I am a free man. I am ashamed of the tone in your responses and the direction you are pursuing. Obviously, the depth and pressure is affecting you to some degree. RELAX, it's only life!

I am worried about you, since I was under the impression your true motivation is to impart understanding, engage in productive dialogue and assemble facts and material before arriving at conclusions. Lately, you have been rather hasty and tempermental and presumptuous.

How unusual for a joyful, happy servant? Again...RELAX!

Now, we are not disciples of men, but prisoners of our own thoughts and slaves to time. No one is excluded, not even you.

The FDS docrtrine is on very shaky ground. Financially, there are problems and the youth are disappearing. Scandals and expositories concerning the inner circles in the GB & various committees only prove that organizationally, the WTBS is not much different than a business.

It is a hard and difficult task to face, when americans have tried so many times in history to blend religion and business, like AMWAY, or the PTL or the 700 Club, the Masons, and now the WTBS is falling in line in the same categories.

You will face some crucial decisions, my friend. Attacking and accusing us will not masquerade your bitterness, anger and final disappointment. We feel for you and hope for the best!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

In addition Bobby:

I was not enlightened by Ray Franz. Over the years I began assembling a sub-conscious collection of information, starting from my earliest days as an "approved associate" to the time I pioneered.

One of the first books I remember reading was trite, vitriolic and bitter. It was David Reed's "How to rescue a loved one from the Watchtower". I finished a few of his early books and pamphlets back then because I needed reassurance that I was not forsaking family traditions for insanity.

Since his early works were accusatory and personal, I dismissed his findings. I also read many other "approved" works by Marley Cole and MacMillan, etc, etc. My investigations began almost immediately and continued for years.

I am neither impressed nor surprised at the amount of good or evil a man or many men can perform in this life. Following humans is not included in my genetic code, despite tampering.

Can you say the same?

• Perry
    Perry

Neon,

Thank you for that logical, coherent, and thoroughly seemless epose' on the utter absurdness of the previous comments from YK.

This was simply beautiful (in actuality terrifying):

"I wonder how YK would respond today if the officers of the Society's various legal corporations used their positions to wrest control of the organization from the governing body, ousting them, branding them as unfaithful, and then making major doctrinal changes."

The terifying thing is that you and I both know that, if that actually happened again the vast majority would simply go along with the current "food at the proper time" as prepared by the new "chefs" controlling the printing presses. Whatever spin would be placed on the hostile takeover would be wholehartedly believed simply on the grounds that it appeared in print in the Watchtower.

That is deeply disturbing if one simply stops, and thinks about it for a second.

Perry

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

As I come back to the board and look over this thread I'm so glad that You Know has contributed! Hasn't he helped to unmask the WTS? Well done, YK, you've done us proud, old son! I especially liked your "criticism" of Ray Franz where you condemned him for photo-copying Watchtower documents. Terrific! The docs were genuine, weren't they? So that was the real "truth", wasn't it?

Utopian Reformist,

Why is it certain men manage the finances, secretly?
    So true. As a little tidbit for the lurkers, let's tell them that the WTS does invest money, contrary to the assertions of the Watchtower apologists. ...And before You Know comes in again, I know 'cos of first-hand experience.

Thanks guys for your comments. I hope it helps those 'sitting on the fence' so to speak.

Cheers,
    Ozzie (member of the real truth seekers class)

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

When I went to Pioneer School, in the early 90s, the one quote uttered by an instructor that stuck with me the most (for different reasons then) was "Stick with the Society... even if they're wrong."

Hmmm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Luv it! Thanks, Hmmm

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• ISP
    ISP

Good set of quotes Ozzie!

ISP

• TR
    TR
    He was probably a bully in the schoolyard, and not that long ago I might add.

And just like bullies, they usually get their asses handed to them, not unlike what just happened here on this thread to YK.

I'm actually embarrassed for YK. I expected a better line of WT apologetics from him, but it didn't happen. There's no refuting the ass-kicking YK got on this thread.

Sorry you look like such a dumb ass, YK.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• seven006
    seven006

Robert?

Where did you go? Don't tell me we shut you up. Are you going to make me follow you around all over this board and keep exposing your insecurities and psychological profile until you answer my questions?

We didn't stump the anointed one did we? I thought that was impossible. I didn't realize it was so simple to close the mouthpiece of the almighty god jehovah. If you are what you claim to be, a stupid little apostate like me and a few of the others here couldn't possibly stump you. Show us what you got Robert. Silence only proves guilt in the questions I have asked. You can do better than just calling me a childish name, I know you can. Don't give up so quickly, it really makes you look bad.

We're all waiting.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit