Cannot understand without the organisation

by ozziepost 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just in case any lurkers here may be in doubt about the criticisms made of the Witnesses' idolizing of an organisation, here is a selection of their claims, in their own words:

"He [God] does not impart his holy spirit and an understanding and appreciation of his Word apart from his visible organisation." (The Watchtower, July 1, 1965, page 391)

"Jehovah God caused the Bible to be written in such a way that one needs to come in touch with His human channel before one can fully and accurately understand it. True, we need the help of God's holy spirit, but its help also comes to us primarily by association with the channel Jehovah God sees fit to use." (The Watchtower, February 15, 1981, page 17)

"Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." (The Watchtower, December 1, 1981, page 27)

"The Bible is an organisational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organisation, NOT TO INDIVIDUALS, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organisation in mind." (The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, page 587)

Much could be said in refutation and pointed out from the Scriptures, but is it necessary? I can't help but compare the Borg with the Vatican.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

The faith that stands on authority, is not faith.
    Emerson

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

ozzie,

Nice bunch of quotes, I think it will open the eyes the the HONEST HEARTED JWs.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • JonnieMae
    JonnieMae

I'm just curious. What is this "borg" some are talking about. I'm not familiar with the term. Thanks.

To each his/her own,
    jonnie

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Ozziepost,

nice quotes for those who have certain...

doubts. After all your - small - ex. of WTBS quotes

should be sufficient. Just in case , I'm ready for another

10, 20 and even more on the same subjects.

Always pleased to read from you, and I do appreciate

your efforts, grretings J.C.MacHilsopp

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The Borg are a race of cyborgs off Star Trek that assimilate their victims and their technology and can adapt to any weaponry fired against them. Their catchcry is "Resistance is futile".

"Oh God! To hear the Insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust." - The Ghost of Christmas Present

• radar
    radar

Ozziepost

Thanks for the referenes.

You have highlighted the source control mechanism that keeps the borg in place.
    The Watchtower study is a prime example of that control of thought.
    It is why many will not not entertain different biblical viewpoints.

Radar

Often I feel the time passes awkwardly around here.
    In some places the flowers never die,
    In other places they wither ever so quickly. I cannot stay here very long for I know my sanity will leave me.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jonnie,

Nice to 'hear' from you.

The expression 'the Borg' is often used in this forum. It refers to what the Witnesses call 'the Society' or 'the Organisation'.

Borg is explained earlier in this thread by my learned companion Stephanus. Apart from the Star Wars connotation, it can also stand for Brooklyn Organisation.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• You Know
    You Know

It is evident that that is true. Certainly none of Ray Franz's troop of trained baboons has any speciall insights into the Scriptures. / You Know

• JT
    JT

YK makes a very powerful point when he says:

"Certainly none of Ray Franz's troop of trained baboons has any speciall insights into the Scriptures"

----------

what he has failed to realize is that nobody beyond former jw who have entered into other faith have attempted to proclaim some speical insight

YK can you sight one example where someone on this forum have stepped onto the scene and proclaimed that have some special insight

but on the other hand we have see you try your hand at being a "Part-time" prophet over and over and just like the boys in Writing your batting avg is 0%

You continue to make claims that are shown over and over to simply be wrong-

you see many of us recall all those wonderful prophecies you attempted your hand at over on h2o site

you have claimed that you have some special insight not any of us

at least get your information right

james

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I remember a P.O. telling a friend that if he "wasn't 100% Watchtower, then he wasn't a true servent of God."

Those quotes reminded me of that. The bible is secondary, Watchtower is first. That's a big reason for my leaving them. I finally realized that they say they obey the principles in the bible to as to call themselves christians, to increase their flock, but they really worship the words of men, yet those still 'in' would look at those quotes as loving reminders.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit