Apostates and the "AXE TO GRIND:" getting sick of the aggro.

by hamsterbait 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cantleave
    cantleave

You can never win, they are either being persecuted or tested by Satan, or if bad things happen in the congregation it is Jehovah exposing things and refining the brotherhood.

• flipper
    flipper

HAMSTERBAIT- Good thread. What Cicatrix and Anti-Christ said. Witnesses are indoctrinated AND mind controlled. So they are manipulated by the leaders of the WT society to view us ex-witnesses as a dangerous demonic threat which would hurt the rank and file members spirituality ! And the WT leaders - the GB - do this to keep the members controlled by fear . If they can scare the be-jesus out of the witnesses by telling them bad things will happen if they leave or listen to us - then the GB keeps the upper hand of control ( mind control ) over it's members. It's a scam and a ploy to keep members from leaving. And it works. Most JW's don't even realize this is being pulled on them. Really sad

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I think if you were a member of the SS and Hitler was your boss, and it was either be a conformist and do whatever you were told to do no matter how heinous or become a target of Hitlers wrath, you would find yourself yelling support for him against nay sayers to protect yourself.

When you are part of the Borg you cant DARE say anything that would be in defiance of their literature, their dogma, their insane bullshit rules or YOU will quickly become the enemy. So I have to think that many of the JWs who express SUPPORT of the WTS against whistleblowers may personally not be agreeing with it at all...but cant say.

I know that was ME for a goodly long time before I had the balls to DA myself.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Why can they never admit that some people believe that the WTBTS is truly dangerous and evil....

Because such an admission requires critical thinking skills. Dubs are braindead. End of story.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't think it is so much as an axe to grind as a need to expose and speak about their experience.

This 'religion ' is very secretive and many people who leave it are thirsting to communicate with others who feel as they do and have had similar experiences. After they have filled that initial need the next thing is to shout from the rooftops about their bad experience. I know it was this way with me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The best way to defend the indefensible is to attack the messenger.

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just concluded a 'discussion' over on FB with an active Jw. WOW!

Talk about an axe to grind. These people have their heads so far up their asses that they have no idea. I feel your frustration.

Jeff

• wobble
    wobble

I noticed one of the JW apologists who has recently come on here keeps saying "because you are so BITTER etc " how would he /she know how we feel ?

It is a clever piece of propaganda that the WT have picked up from the world of divorce/marital break-up, there people are described in a derogatory way as " bitter ".

Why should a Wife who has found out her cheating husband who she gave the best years of her life to has left her destitute and feeling un-loved, not feel aggrieved ?????

Why should we ,who trusted the GB/FDS,and gave them the best years of our lives,and ended up destitute and feeling un-loved, not feel similarly aggrieved ?????

Are we at fault ? NO NO NO, do not hang the label "Bitter " on me and feel better about the dirty lying tricks your beloved WTB$ GB/FDS has played !

How dare you ! JW Apologists it is time you APOLOGISED !

Love and peace ,

Wobble

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They have to think that because if they are honest with themselves and pull their heads out of their butts, then they would have to leave if they had any kind of true moral compass.(not just with regard to the child abuse, but that is a good starting point). Being honest with yourself requires action, and they don't want to deal with the consequences of it. JWs like to think that people leave the WT simply because life is so much easier if you leave. That's a big fat lie. After one leaves, they have to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions, values, judgements. They also lose their family connections, their social connections and often their jobs. Sure, years later, my life IS a lot better, but not because I 'get' to celebrate holidays or don't 'have' to go to meetings/FS anymore.

It is better to be free than to be a slave- free men work their asses of for their own family and loved ones and community. Not for their 'owner'. Free men do not get beaten (up OR down). If someone TRIES to beat you-as a free man, you have the right to resist it and fight back if necessary.

You may work harder, longer hours as a free man than you do as a slave, but they are YOUR hours and your rewards and consequences. That is freedom. It's hard, but a good kind of hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit