Besty Unplugged - My Life Story Part VI

by besty 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

She agreed to read the relevant page at jwfacts.com and I nervously hovered as she did so. Amazingly and to my immense relief she instantly grasped the logic of what the website was telling her. The Watchtower says Jesus is not your Mediator. The Bible says he is. It ended for Sam right there. A lifetime of indoctrination evaporated in less time than its taken me to describe what happened. And so she read a few more pages and understood the whole construct was built on sand. Sam joined JWN the following Tuesday and put our WTS library in the recycling.

You were so lucky your gamble with Sam paid off. I admire that she had this attitude. I feel ashamed to think that I gave Matt such a hard time in the beginning. I wouldn't even let him talk to me about any doubts he had, let alone show me anything on the internet. My head was very much chained to the WT and it took me a long time after Matt to see the 'Truth' for what it was.

The rest of your account reads so much like ours, can't wait for the next installment.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'd be interested in you responding here to what your brother addressed in his reply to you, and see where that may lead.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Spike

Wouldn't that lead off the topic? All those subjects have been dealt w, ad nauseum on this site.

S

• whoknows
    whoknows

Excellent writing Paul. When I wake up and go online the continuation of your story is the first thing I look for. I truly believe that their extreme shunning policy is going to be the downfall of this cult. It is a cruel and unchristian policy and I have witnessed personally the pain and suffering it has caused to innocent, decent people whose only "sin" is to use their critical thinking skills and simply change their minds and try to leave. As Billy the Ex said, "Cults require human sacrifices".

The good news is that Sam and Paul have gone on to live happy, free lives with their two beautiful boys. Let's hope that the ones we care about that are still captive will wake up before we lose too much more time with them.

There are so many that identify with your story. Thank you for taking the time to write it in such an eloquent and entertaining way.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to Satanus (Post 16380): Besty knows how to make his letter the start of a new Topic, certainly. But, I suggest that we should all allow Besty the choice (as if WE have a say in his CHOICE) of giving his brother the dignity of a proper answer, whether it's here on JWN where he (and we all) can see it, or otherwise. I believe it would be educational, à la Elijah versus the Baal worshippers.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Spike , it's unlikely his brother would use this forum as a platform in answering Besty, he is a party, hard line elder, who made a 1000 mile round trip to testify on his J/C and didn't even pop in to say hi!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

choices, choices. After all, apparently "many" elders and other active JWs at least lurk; some actively participate in some fashion. It may even be that if/ when the brother responds, we (exclusing possibly Besty himself) may not know that it's him. It's a matter of the choices available and known to each involved, including disguise.

• besty
    besty

thanks for the idea - I started with this a while back with the 607 response and got 2 or 3 pages of comments

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/167891/1/any-problems-with-this-607-response-from-Elder-PO

Like Satanus said all of these topics have been done to death on here before. I remember when I first joined JWD about 4 years ago reading a comment to the effect that the WTS had lost the apostate war a long time ago. In other words their theology, chronology and harmful policies have been exposed, debunked and destroyed online, for all that have to eyes to see.

This was news to me as I had just joined the debate.

Having said that I think there is some merit in the idea as newbies tend to focus on recent topics so no harm in a quick recap - also some newbies may wish to vent their spleen on a topic so it provides an outlet for that. And secondly it's not that often we get to see word for word what a dyed-in-the-wool true believer has to say.

So once I have done the final part of my story I may well come back to a point by point discussion of my brothers email.

PS - chances of him coming on here and rebutting me (us) - zero.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

actually, besty, I'd say the best way of him rebutting you on JWN is the same way he rebutted you already, which is by you rebutting him point by point to him directly, him rebutting YOU point by point again, and then posted that here for us.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

and then posting that here for us.

(Sorry for the typo at the end of my last post.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit