• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Somehow I missed this but glad I found it,

Sorry about losing your Dad,

Once again thanks for sharing,

purps

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Paul, I have just read your story as I told you and Sam that I would. It is very well written (I think you have missed your calling in life, you should be a writer of some description). I would love to have the guts to tell my family all the reasons I think their religion is an evil cult teaching lies and mind control. I always promised myself when I got df'd that I'd only tell them those reasons if they ever asked. In 7 years they have never asked!! Too afraid of what I might say methinks!! I have limited contact with my mum, dad and sister, but we're nowhere near as close as we were when I was JW.

I wish your family and mine could accept that the religion they are in is completely false. Or failing that, I think some doctrinal changes could do the cult some good, for instance changing their stance on shunning (it doesn't achieve anything) their stupid rule of no blood (and yes babies have died) go back to celebrating Christmas and birthdays (as nowhere in the bible does it say not to, like they claim). Here's to wishing.

By the way, I would just like to add how great it was to see you and Sam in Vegas. You really are a lovely couple, and we are very glad that our paths have crossed. I hope we see you again very soon, on either side of the Atlantic, and hopefully we'll see the boys next time too!!!

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hi Paul, I decided to read your life story after meeting up with you and Sam in Vegas - as my lovely wife 'Bubble' has already said, it was wonderful meeting you both. I just wish we had met earlier and that we don't live so far apart. Mind you an annual meetup in Vegas sounds a good thing to aim for!

Anyway, I digress. As I have a lot to do for work and the fact that jet lag has set in, I thought I'd read Part 1 today, Part 2 tomorrow etc. However what a compelling read! As everyone else has said, it was very well written and many parts about how you felt as you were growing up amidst a strong 'Witness' family reasonated with feelings I had when I was younger.

As with Marie, I have not told my family how I feel regarding the 'Truth'. They all think that soon I will come to my senses, repent of my sins and go back to the Organisation (how do you do that 'tm' up high thingy?). I believe that leaving my elderly parents in ignorance and hope is better than dashing any illusions they may have. What I can never understand is how reasonably intelligent people like my parents can be sucked in by a group such as the JW's - but then the high control nature of a cult gives the answers to that one I suppose.

As I said, great writing Paul, a fantastic time was had by us all in Vegas and we look forward to seeing you and your family soon.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the latest installment Besty. Very well done.

FWIW, I was just like your brother for many years. So, there's always a sliver of hope he'll awaken someday. Too bad precious years are ticking away in the meantime.

Can't wait for the next one.

om

• bubble
    bubble

Could someone enlighten me on what FWIW stands for, as quoted in Open Mind's post. I can't work it out.

• ninja
    ninja

for what it's worth

• bubble
    bubble

Oh it's easy once you know!! Thanks Ninj. XX

• ninja
    ninja

np bubbs

• besty
    besty

FWIW I hope to post the final Part VII later today :-)

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit