Reverse Engineering the WTS CD ROM

by besty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• besty
    besty

Has anyone ever done this?

Would be cool to be able to run custom searches like the overall incidence of certain words or scriptures on an annual basis. I'm sure smarter than me could come up with some handy uses....

thoughts?

• bohm
    bohm

hm. i have monkeyed around a bit (10 min) and as far as i can tell it looks pretty home cooked by the WTS and not trivial. Would be cool to get some response on this.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This was done a couple of years ago. I think it was KW13. It was from a report of his that I got the following figures for the top five quoted Bible chapters on the Watchtower library.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Those old coots really flog that Faithful and Discreet Slave parable. I bet they get a lot of milage from it.

• besty
    besty

thanks jwfacts - the cool thing would be to add a timeline to these numbers to see how the emphasis changes over time

• Farkel
    Farkel

So let me get this straight. Out of the zillions of pages of WT crap, 5 of the most 6 cited Bible chapters are about the last days and the other one tells us the Bible is a foot lamp.

Nothing about being a good person, being happy, helping others, raising happy families, doing charity or showing love to our fellow humans, huh?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense! After all, this is the WATCHTOWER we are talking about.

Farkel

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Nothing about being a good person, being happy, helping others, raising happy families, doing charity or showing love to our fellow humans, huh?
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense! After all, this is the WATCHTOWER we are talking about.

Contrast with Jesus' message. Hummm. I wonder how that's justified.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Boy-oh-boy would such a tool be useful.

If someone has such a tool that the puter-challenged can use without screwing up their system, please let me know.

Marvin Shilmer

• Priest73
    Priest73

Althought Jesus was kinda arrogant as well.

• He was rude to his mom.
    • He cursed a fig tree cause he was hungry.
    • When no one accepted him as the son of god, he got kinda pissed.

Yikes, now that I think about, maybe the GB does emulate Christ.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I heard if you play the WT CD a certain way you can hear Rutherford communicating with the spirits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit