Crazy JW wields machete at New Orleans airport - shot - died because he refused blood on religious grounds

by Wild_Thing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Very sad but crazy people can't be allowed to wield machetes in public spaces.

The authorities did a good job.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Who's that knock at the door honey? I don't know dear could be a Jehovah Witness. Well don't answer it those people are nuts I heard one was shot and killed at the New Orleans airport because he was attacking an innocent women with a machete I swear that are the christian version of ISIS. Ok I will lock the door.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    Where does it say in the article that he died because he refused blood?
  • 7Starz
    7Starz
    And we're the ones that are mentally diseased? Was he doing airport witnessing? My prayers are with those who were injured and their families. Being in for so long, you see your fair share of people within the organization who are a hairsbreadth away from snapping.
  • blondie
    blondie

It's unclear what triggered the attack. White, a Jehovah's Witness, had refused certain types of medical care, the sheriff said.

(sorry, haven't mastered the quote feature)

The questions are then:

Did White say he was a jw

Did the medical staff assume he was because he refused a blood transfusion (certain types of medical care)

Was he a jw bystander, raised in a family with one or more parents jw, but never was baptized

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    His neighbor said he shunned traditional western medicine including blood. He died a day later. You are right, it is more of a conjecture.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Perhaps it might help to read other reports on this from different news sources. Some give different details than others. The article I originally read was from my local tv news station website. I didn't want to post something local, so I quickly found a national source that I thought would provide the same facts.

Here is another source: http://www.examiner.com/article/richard-white-machete-attacker-white-was-jehovah-s-witness-dies-at-hospital

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A comment from a JW Apologist..

Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT shun western medicine. The author lifted that bit of misinformation from USA Today, who reported that a neighbor said White "was a deeply religious man, she said, a Jehovah's Witness who shunned Western medicine and encouraged Jackson to use herbal remedies, even to treat her diabetes."

While Witnesses do abstain from blood transfusions for scriptural reasons outlined in the Bible regarding the use of blood, they in no way refuse modern medicine. In fact, they have a liaison department dedicated to working with thousands of doctors nationwide and worldwide regarding non-blood medical alternatives to transfusions. A refrain from a transfusion is the ONLY medical deviation from what anyone else would seek at a hospital. They are not herbalists who shun modern treatments or who refuse a doctor's care. If White chose to be, that was his personal decision.

The fact that this author just copies and pastes in information, and then makes the fact that White MAY have been a Jehovah's Witness her lede for the story, is a shameless, click-bait abuse of journalistic integrity. Anyone who knows a JW also knows that they are one of the most peaceful, neutral people you will ever meet. This man obviously had a severe mental breakdown, no matter what religion he purported to be.

Crazy JWs.....Defending Crazy JWs..

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Will his funeral be held at the KH ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit