What advice would you give your 16 yr oil dself.

by scotsman 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dudeson
    dudeson

Watch out for the LIBYANS!

• calico
    calico

I would tell myself to stay away from certain people that I thought were my friends!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

She doesn't love you. She will never love you.

and

Buy Microsft stock.

• Denial
    Denial

1. stop picking at your ugly face!

2. chin up! 5 more years and no more church, bro!

3. yes, she likes you. go for it, you nerd!

• dottie
    dottie

1. Stay in school

2. Don't leave home.

3. Go on the family trip to Disney World, it will be the last time the all of us are together.

• ninja
    ninja

no matter how lucrative the world trade centre window cleaning contract looks..........don't accept it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Take the PSAT and the SAT

• Gregor
    Gregor

Finish high school and do whatever you can to get into college. Aim for law.

(But, seriously, no regrets)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Go to college.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

There is nothing I could say to my 16 year old self, as he was far too stubborn, and so brainwashed by Jehovah's Witnesses he would not listen. There is nothing I could say nor nothing I could show him that would change his mind. He was 100% convinced he would live forever on a paradise earth after Jehovah murdered 6 billion people.

He was also deeply in denial about a rather dysfunctional group of people he grew up around, in particular two people he called mom and dad. He would have to face the truth about them in a few years. Actually I wish now there was a way I could help him avoid that pain. I wish I had a way to keep him from knowing. The truth really hurts, and sometimes devastates. I remember thinking of Hiroshima. I look back on that kid and I can't help but feel sorry for him.

I really do wish there was some way I could help him. But there isn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit