What advice would you give your 16 yr oil dself.

by scotsman 42 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
  • dinah
    dinah

Stop reading those damn Watchtowers and believing everything you hear!

• scotsman
    scotsman

aside from maybe using less oil!

• undercover
    undercover

go get laid...

then leave all religion behind and live a real life...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd tell myself to get serious about my education, particularly English classes. I thought they were a waste of time because I grew up speaking English. I've since learned that all the knowledge and skills in the world are useless if you can't communicate effectively.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It would be hard... im not sure id give any advice. Whose to say anything would have turned out better? There were not a lot of opportunities where I grew up and I doubt I would have had anything better than with what I ended up doing. Going to bethel, for me, was actually a very good thing for me to do to exit my family environment and see more of what the religion was about... to come out from my veil of idealization about the society.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Things will get better. Accept the scholarship to Brown even though it will cost more in the long-run.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think you are asking "What advice would you give to yourself if you could speak to yourself back when you were 16?"
    In other words, what advice from the future would you give to yourself in the past?

Besides stuff like specific investments or stocks or sports bets (sure things from the future), I would advise myself to delve into science and avoid religion. Get the best education possible. In my case, beware of alcohol. Save and invest money and watch it grow in the 80's. Brush and floss better than the experts tell you to do. Stay healthy by cooking instead of eating junk and fast food. Learn to love salad and vegetables. Drink plenty of water everyday (maybe start a bottled water company using reverse osmosis).

I would tell my mother some stuff I know about JW's and try to help her get out back then. It probably would have paid off by 2009.

I would have warned some family members about health concerns.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whatever you have ahead of you, you can handle it. Go to college and think about your future. It will come.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

"Go live with your dad for a while... "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit