book, forget it.....

that was it!
    the entire effort

not a single peep
    from an elder hence
    and it is going on 4 years

• blondie
    blondie

Just say you have no time and when you do you will let them know. Screening your calls is also good. Some elders have even put in fake time for inactive jws because it looks bad on the corporation books. I find it amazing that they will accept time from people who do not attend the meetings. I know an inactive brother that got a monthly call for 2 years after his last meeting. I finally coached as above what to say and it has ended. You are not obligated to have an extended call, answer any questions, and you have the right to end the conversation at your convenience. Just screen your calls. It took a year of that and they finally stopped calling.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

The first couple of months are miserable. We had to screen all calls, keep the drapes shut for little drop in's and sneak around at the grocery store. At about the six month mark it ended, when you don't go to the memorial it says a lot. I think if you give them an inch they will take a mile, totally ice them. Don't turn in time one month and then not another because it will give them hope, just stop.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

JW: I'm in the same boat, wondering the same thing.

Only problem is (and maybe some of the ex elders can help me out here) I'm an elder's wife. Yup, that's right. And my wonderful husband (and he is, really) is still going strong. I'm worried that if I officially go inactive, it'll have repercussions on his and honestly, I'd hate for that to happen. He has to come to the truth about the "truth" on his own, though I have been sharing eye-opening nuggets for him here and there. I've been turning in an hour or two for about a year now, haven't been out in service for about a year and am slowly fading on the meetings. Down to just Sundays. I'd like to stop altogether but, like I said, I don't want to rock his boat. He's been super good and reasonable with my new perspective and we have an excellent marriage all round.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Some elders have even put in fake time for inactive jws because it looks bad on the corporation books.

This is what happened with Nina. When she stopped going, 6 or 7 months later an elder called wanting her time. She told him she hadn't been out and he asked if she was reading the Bible with the children. When she said yes, he said "Well there you go! That's an hour a week, 4 hours for the month and 2 return visits."

How many times that does happen each and every month? Those precious little statistics of theirs are so much made up numbers and absolutely worthless.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Avoid the call - turn in a slip with a ZERO on it. Chances are they don't give a rats ass, they just want the paperwork to be "complete". That's what happened in my case anyway.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Avoid the call - turn in a slip with a ZERO on it.

I did that right on the heels of the C.O. being a total jackass when we talked. The elders didn't have the balls to call and ask anything of me since I did turn in a slip.

• Borgia
    Borgia

I just turned in 0 on the slip. When the sec inquired about it: I said - Can I see it? He showed me and I said: Yep...that's right, thank you. Gave the slip back to him and turned away. He looked quite unhappy...

But never had any comments.

Cheers

Borgia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I just abruptly left two years ago. I have had no attemps to contact me for anything. No F/S reports, no telephone calls, nada.

• steve2
    steve2

A close friend of mine is from the I-didn't-go-out-in-the-ministry-last-month school but still puts 10 hours on his f/s report. He's never ever been questioned. As long as your time's above zero, they keep off your back. Try it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit