A question for the faders on here

by JWinprotest 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

The other day our meeting was cancelled and we didn't even get a call from the elders to advise us. I take that as a sign that our fade is working. The next step I would like to implement is not turning in a field service report. I'm getting tired of submitting one even though we don't go out. But I know that will surely bring, at the very least, a telephone call asking for our time. Here is a question for you successful faders out there. How did you handle that conversation the first time you didn't report? What do I say?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Telephone call:

You: Hello

Twit: Yeah, do you have your time?

Y: Zero.

T: Are you sure?

T: You don't have fifteen minutes you can report?

T: This is a serious step.

T: Are you sure?

T: We should meet sometime. It sounds like soemthing is wrong with you.

Y: (resist the urge to say Zero....) We're busy. I'll get back to you when I get some time. See you next Sunday.

Screen your calls.

Don't be afraid. REally. They are just men. They hold no power over you anymore.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Screen your calls.

Just be too busy for service. If you are trying to fade, best not to confront on any issue. Excuses of 'busy with work', family issues, depression all work and will help you drop off the radar.

Good Luck!

-Aude.

• flipper
    flipper

JWINPROTEST- Well how long have you been fading- or not attending meetings ? If the elders didn't call you to advise you about the meeting cancelling- it very well may be they won't bother to call you about turning in your time. I wouldn't sweat it too much. After I stopped attending - NOBODY called me to get my field service time at all. If they do call- just make up some random small number and say " Thanks " for calling and tell them you have to go. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

we didn't really fade away. haha. we just never went back after a meeting with the elders and 9 months later and they still haven't tried to find out why we stopped going. so loving! they'll just forget about you especially if you aren't attending meetings regularly.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Sad isn't it? When I saw people leaving the org as a kid, all you used to hear is how hard the elders worked to get that lost sheep to come back. Now I finally know the truth. They could care less. Actually I'm probably doing them a favor by disappearing. Thanks for the advise to those that replied thus far.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

We have been inactive for about 7 months and it wasn't until a week before CO came to town that the service overseer called to ask for our time for the last 3 months. I of course told him zero and I haven't heard back from him since. it's been about 4 months and no call so I guess all is good on our end. Well I guess until the next CO visit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

we faded out by sending our cards to a KH 10 miles away. Our home # is disconnected and we live in a security building. No way to reach us and we are nobody as were weren't serving when we left

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I agree with pretty much all of the above... don't worry. They're just men. Congratulations on the fade JWinprotest!!! You won't regret it! (Duh)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

My phone call was EXACTLY what shamus just posted.

I had butterfly's in my stomach as I did this before I stopped going to meetings.

When I hung up the phone it was orgasmic relief!

Helps to not go to the meetings after that. They won't be able to schedule anything with you.

When they call, say you are doing great.

When they ask where you have been, say busy.

I love screwing with their heads because I know their game and they are slow to mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit