Did I overreact?

by megs 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Just lock the doors and don't have contact with him for 2 days....."see how that feels bastard!"

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I think perhaps I will say I need time alone (which is fitting, since yesterday morning I asked him if he had found a place to live yet because I am nowhere near ready for him to be living with me).

Sounds like a moocher.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Thanks Sylvia, that is very good advice!!! JD... he hasn't shown any violent tendencies, but he does not like to take "no" for an answer. I think perhaps I will say I need time alone (which is fitting, since yesterday morning I asked him if he had found a place to live yet because I am nowhere near ready for him to be living with me).

Wow, you're in a vulnerable position here girl. I know you are new to this dating stuff, but please learn from this and don't ever get yourself in a situation like this again.

The fact that he would lie so blatantly shows he has contempt for your intelligence, and the fact that he would do it so soon in your relationship shows that he has contempt for you as a person. Be careful, be safe, be smart.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

If you are uncomfortable with confrontation then ask a friend to come over so you are not alone with him until he picks his stuff up and leaves .

• megs
    megs

Sixofnine... Don't I know it... It's ironic, my father was a policeman, I grew up knowing very well the dangers that are out there... Yet I was blinded by lust (calling a spade a spade). And I ignored the warning signs... Very out of character for me I used to be guided by the thought that God is watching every move I make, and sex was a mortal sin (and I'm not even from a JW background!)... Now, I don't think anyone is looking over me, but that is no excuse to be stupid and put myself at risk.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds like your self honesty will serve you well; keep that attitude and you'll be fine. (remember you're a woman; you can easily satisfy your lust w/o getting too close before you really know someone)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    He's a big guy, I do not want to put myself in a compromising position.

You put yourself in a compromising situation when you let a man you barely know into your home. I know that's blunt, but I respect that you're obviously willing to learn from your mistakes.

I met my boyfriend on OKCupid.com, another free site. I had to go through two losers before I found him. I think that's a pretty good ratio. There are good men out there as well as losers. You have little control over which type you're going to meet, but you have ultimate control over what you do with them when you meet them. Go to the library and get yourself a good guidebook on dating so you have a plan on how to handle yourself and know what to be on the lookout for in men, both positive and negative.

• megs
    megs

Thanks Bluecanary... and you are quite right... I was remarkably stupid.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yuck. Toss that fish back. I never dated before getting married at 18. Got divorced 8 years and 2 kids later and never really dated since. It's been since '94 that I left the couples scene. I, too, am a novice in dating. I'm going to give Plenty of Fish a try and get back into it. It's just not possible without a little help that way.

• megs
    megs

Thank you Outlaw... I was nice and said what you suggested... He was caught off-guard, I think he expected me to let him come back into my house with open arms... He seemed a bit hurt actually... God I hate this dating/relationship thing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit