God confused peoples language so they couldn't build Babel....a load of crap!

by Witness 007 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ninja
    ninja

The Sigil of the Baphomet

The Sigil of the Baphomet is an inverted pentacle form, with two points pointing upwards, one downwards, and one to each side. It is the official symbol of the Church of Satan.

• bohm
    bohm

reniaa: seriously, have you even tried a simple google querry to educate yourself on this matter before posting it here as a "problem"?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All this proves is that God doesn't want us to do more than stagnate and suffer. God never meant for people to be happy--He wants to destroy any achievements that He cannot take full credit for, and He wants us to suffer so He can continually have something to "deliver" us from. Which He never intends to do, since that would put a quick end to the whole scam.

And we are supposed to love this Scam Artist, who intends for us to suffer so He can promise delivery at some nebulous future date without actually delivering? One thing is sure: Inclusion of this account in the Unholy Bible, true or not, proves only that God doesn't want any free society and will sabotage any and all attempts that would have set us free. Just look at what He did in the Republics of Greece, Rome, and right here in the US--installing tyrannical regulations, corrupting the leaders, fixing it so the corrupt leaders cannot be removed, building a One World Totalitarian Government, and using the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery in His second attempt at a permanent Dark Ages. All designed so that, every time we are near solving our own problems, God barges in and prevents us from success so He can continue abusing us all the more, promising delivery when we were almost delivered ourselves at those times.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wizard, love it

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Bohm, Ren Google? dont be crazy

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with the nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen it to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

(credit to Mr Adams obviously)

• glenster
  • gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Actually Simon, you're wrong on:

"Development of language can be clearly traced"

It can't and it hasn't been clearly traced.

There are no primitive languages and the ones we examine as far back as we go are not lacking in complexity so as to suggest anything about the origins of language.

All children acquire language at the same time world-wide suggesting built-in deep structures allowing for language "acquisition". The term used is "acquire" because it's understood that the latent capacity exists and exposure to language is all that's necessary. No one has to be taught the language of their birth in any sort of intentional sense.

The looking for evolutionary theories for language development do not spring from the analysis of so called "modern" vs "ancient" languages. the looking comes from the acceptance of the evolutionary paradigm. Once the paradigm is accepted, then all other things are expected to fit within this framework.

People confuse the evolution (change) in languages as somehow in the same sort of "evolution" as hear of as having happened in the biological realm.

The origin of language remains a big mystery.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi gub

thankyou for the info GB, I think I also read that they were found to have started at similar times.

Reniaa

• Farkel
    Farkel

reniaa,

:thankyou for the info GB, I think I also read that they were found to have started at similar times.

Yeah, you read that in WTS publications, not exactly the most unbiased source for information.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit