should i report this child abuser?

by highdose 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You must be prepared to contact this young girl and encourage her to come forth with it to her local police.

They will want to talk to her....I've been through this a few years back, when I approached the police with 2nd hand info.

But I had all the facts straight all the people who knew of it and the victim.

They will not do anything unless the victim will talk to them and press charges....

h4o

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I've never been in or know anyone that's been in a situation like this. The only advice I can give is that you warn the elders in your hall about this guy. I can see them telling you to stay quiet.

In that case, I would tell the elders that you will contact the police and inform them of the situation and ask them for their advice. The elders will warn you that you may be in a great deal of trouble if you do something like this.

It's at that point that you need to open your eyes and realise that JW's are a man-made (and run) organisation.

Do whatever your heart tells you.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Yes! Yes! Hell, yes!! Other children need to be protected from this fiend. If he was raping that poor girl over an extended period of time, he is doing it to others. Go to the police. It is not easy. Just last week I reported a close relative for being a perv. When it is done you will feel better.

BTW, the police have a knack for getting these people to confess.

• blondie
    blondie

Report, let law enforcement do their job. You have no idea that other people may have reported this same person.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I totally agree with blondie (love the name too,blondie is brill!!) definately id report this.

• looloo
    looloo

when my daughter told me she had been abused by my best mates disfellowshipped hub at the age of 13 i was horrified , i called the police and told them i had heard a "rumour " years before that the perp had tried to kiss a friend of his daughters that might of only been 15 and that he had also had a consensual affair with anothr of his daughters friends for 2 years when she was nearly 16 . however when the police investigated they approached both now women of 30 years of age and the first one had actually had a "realationship " age 11 to 13 years and the second girl had been raped on a regular basis from 13 to 18 years by the man who eventually went on to "pick up my daughter from school" (unbeknown to me ) my point is that had these girls gone to the police instead of elders , who swept it under the carpet , my girl would not have suffered nightmares , self harming , bulimia , low self esteem , suicide attempts aswell as much worse that i can not mention in case people know who i am , and it really makes me mad that i had to leave town to get over it all and because of some in the congregations lack of compassion (im not a jw) contact victim 1 NOW! this perp actually got 3 years for his 1st 2 victims but my girls charges got dropped because of lack of evidence (even though it was her who came forward first and victim two had been taken to same places 12 years earlier ! PLEASE SAVE ANOTHER CHILD i wish someone had told these victims to report to the police before he got round to my child .

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Write 4 or 5 anonymous letters, post one on the KH door drop one off at an elders house or two and then pick the biggest friggin gossip in the hall and drop one off at her house...

Yeah I said her big whup wanna fight about it...

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Do you mean report him to the elders and cong or report him to the police?

Paul

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm of the 'go to the police' camp. Just tell them what you know, your concerns, etc. The pedo may already be on their radar and you might fill in some missing pieces of info for them - you never know.

I remember a similar situation some years ago. One JW sister, who had kept years of childhood abuse (by a JW pedo ring) secret, was so alarmed that one of the perps had remarried and had a baby daughter, she just HAD to inform the police of his past activities. The police took her very, very seriously - big investigation - ran into the JW wall of silence and reluctance to cooperate, of course. Huge unpleasant saga with an unsatisfactory result in some ways - the police believed it, but there were legal technicalities why a successful criminal court case couldn't be brought against the perps. She later won a civil case against one of them, and as for the rest of them, they are at least on record and the police file remains open.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Speak up! It's better to be wrong...........He has a child.........is it a daughter...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit