should i report this child abuser?

by highdose 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• highdose
    highdose

i've already posted this on a recent thread, but just in case it gets ignored, i wanted it to have a thread of its own. As i'm quite uncertain as to what to do...

in the area that i just moved to i have discovered that there is a JW here that i used to know. the interesting thing about this JW is that when i knew him 20 years ago he fled my congo because a young sister spoke up and said that he had been raping her for years as a child. He was never punished for it ( he didn't bring along anyone to wittness the abuse) and she was disfellowshipped for it ( actualy for not telling the elders before)

It runined her and she is now a broken person. I heard since that he moved to a different part of the counrty where he got romanticly invovled with a 16yr old ( he was 42) when the 16yr olds elder father found out, he ran this JW out of town, and becuase of this action was later disfellowshipped himself.

the JW concerned has always mantained that the allegations against him were not true, that some abuse had gone on, but never rape ( so thats ok then) (!)

now... he is married with a child, i could speak up, but would i be belived? ... i don't know...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think you should let the cat out of the bag, but I don't have any ideas on how to go about it.

Hopefully, we will get some.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Perhaps you should contact BIll at Silent Lambs for advice on this since thats his forte?

• highdose
    highdose

whose bill at silent lambs?

• Black Sheep
  • highdose
    highdose

hmm ok am looking here on the site, looking to see where i could report things like that...?

have also been digging around on the internet, have found out which town this guy lives in, where he works and what his email is... amazing the stuff you can turn up!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I would call the local police department, and then ask for an appointment to discuss this.

Tell them everything you know, give them every contact you have, and let them do the work. If there is a statute of limititations on child rape I do not know what it is - but he may still be prosecutable. I would also let them know of how the cult 'handles' these things, and that they might want to be prepared to be lied to by the elders and others in their effort to protect 'Jehovah's name'.

Then let the chips fall where they may.

I would also send a letter [anonymous if you feel the need] to the local body of elders stating that you have contacted the police about the matter. If there are good elders there, they will cooperate and do what they can. If not, they will at least be on alert for the guys secret activity.

Jeff

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I would call the local police department, and then ask for an appointment to discuss this

+1

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Go to the police.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I suspect the police will tell you that you're dealing 2nd or 3rd hand information and there is nothing they can do. But I'd give it a try anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit