Besty Unplugged - My Life Story Part 1

by besty 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• besty
    besty

lol at Steve_C 's link - we love Hermosa - the tiniest bit edgy but still 100% safe for the family - when were you last there?

Part II of my story is here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/180335/1/Besty-Unplugged-My-Life-Story-Part-II

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Excellent story Paul, thanks for making a good start to an idle Tuesday! Love the pictures, it certainly looks remote and desolate out there. I've only been to Scotland once, now I want to go again.

Look forward to the next installment.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Thanks for your story. I was just in Scotland for 10 days. I love your pics. I had never seen long-haired cows before. Everything was beautiful.

Your thoughts about your parents becoming JWs makes perfect sense to me. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this of my own parents in the last year.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

besty...

excellent story so far..just read part 2..... great writing.

The life stories on freeminds are getting about 8000 views per month and are one of the most popular parts of the site.

It was just such a link from Freeminds that brought me to JWD a few years ago and I lurked as an elder.... these stories helped chip away at my JW foundation...

Paul, you have set a high bar with the quality of writing in your life story... with the major changes in my life happening, my story is taking awhile to write...I barely have time to log in here and post a bit.

Snakes (Rich )

• Steve_C
    Steve_C
    lol at Steve_C 's link - we love Hermosa - the tiniest bit edgy but still 100% safe for the family - when were you last there?

Gosh, I think it's been at least 10 years. I drove around trying to locate the different places I had lived in during the 60s--old duplexes and apartments--and they had ALL been replaced by condos. The same for my grammar school

By the way, if Pier Avenue School is still there, that's where the gym scenes for the Stephen King movie Carrie were filmed.

Gonna go read Part 2 now...

• besty
    besty

Randy has lived in the same house on the Strand at the north end of Manhattan Beach for 28 years now - he is the expert on the area....

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Besty, I am enjoying reading your story very much - - I'm looking forward to Part 2. "Wee" Archie looks like he is going to be a looker some day. He's really cute! Thanks again for sharing your life story with us!

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Hi Paul. Great story. Im finding it interesting you were brought up with this kind of background......not that I know what kind of background you had of course. Your wee boy is gorgeous. He obviously takes after Sam....... Have just seen part 2 is up, so am off to get more aquainted with you.

• besty
    besty

hi lorraine - glad you are enjoying my life - I do too :-)) it feels kinda weird just spilling the beanz on the internet but in a good way.

ok so here's Ronnie and Reggie together :-

note the fence in the background and the background in my avatar are the same fence - just for the record :-)
  • Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Ronnie and Reggie? I don't see the pic yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit