Womenly subjection

by vikesgirl101 43 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

hi Lady lee,i do agree,Adam got the warning first hand whereas eve got it from her hub.

But She still should have listened to him(Adam),although yes Adam was far the worse sinner.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Yes Paul did like to give his opinion alot and I view that scripture as just that HIS opinion!

Much like every other word in the Bible - just some ancient douchebag's opinion.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Deuteronomy 25:11,12: " 11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity." (NIV)

Will one of our pro Bible experts please tell us why we should accept the idea that God inspired writings just like this (and worse). Sorry for getting off topic.

villabolo

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Villabolo,

Never confuse God's insipred word with MAN's inspired writing, especialy in rgeards to the OT, if THOSE writers had hit more than they missed, there would have been no need for a new convenant.

Obviously that passage was written by a man that got his nuts ripped of by a woman !

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Never confuse God's insipred word with MAN's inspired writing

In other words, if PSacramento likes it, it's God inspired, if not, it's just human?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, that does sound like a victim wrote that. Ouch!

• Heaven
    Heaven

This is one of the main reasons I did not become a JW.

• rebel8
    rebel8

However, she will be kept safe through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and sanctification along with soundness of mind.

wth?

safety ≠ breeding

Never confuse God's insipred word with MAN's inspired writing

Both of these words are inspired by whom?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sixofnine,

As much as I am tempted to say," Yes, that's right", I don't think you'll appreciate the humor.

I take what is written in the OT very seriously and IF those writters of the OT had gotten it right, then Jesus would not have had to coem down and clear things up.

Now if people want to believe that a God that proclaims love and gave us all the gift of Grace so that no matter what we can't be loved any more or any less than God loves us, can be a cold blooded killer, fine.

If people want to believe the rules written down BY MEN are God's word, fine, heck I know more than a few Jews, a couple even work in biblical research and THEY admit that so much of the OT laws and rules were made up by the male levitical priesthood.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The Pastoral epistles (Timothy-Titus) differ considerably on this particular topic from Paul's teaching in his generally recognised epistles (except for 1 Corinthians 14:33f which is likely a Pastoral-like addition to a Pauline writing). They are a clear "proto-orthodox" (or proto-catholic) reaction to Gnosticism which granted women a much more important role, including in teaching. Leolaia started an extensive thread on this issue some time ago which is worth revisiting: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/92014/1/The-status-of-women-in-early-Christianity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit