Womenly subjection

by vikesgirl101 43 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Does anybody remember which scripture it is in the Greek Scriptures (I want to say it was of Paul's writings) that the JW's used as a reason that women had no privileges that a man could have in the congregation? I remember doing research on it for a return visit. Basically the jist of it is that because of Eve's sin, all women are inferior. Ringing a bell for anyone?

• Girlie
    Girlie

1 Timothy 2:11-15

11 Let a woman learn in silence with full submissiveness. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and came to be in transgression. 15 However, she will be kept safe through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and sanctification along with soundness of mind.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

2 Timothy 3: 11 "Give not thy purse to women who gaggle about buying cloth, seen they should be but not heard, always in a head covering but nothing else...."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The part of that scripture that really bothers me is that the woman was tricked and therefore sinned. The man on the other hand deliberately sinned.

To me the man was the greater sinner. But that is just me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lets not forget that Paul was a "orthodox jew" and even after conversion he still has a lot of "baggage" in regards to women.

Also lets not forget that in his letter to the Ephesians ( authorship and wheter it was direct to the Ephesians is somewhat depated) Paul say that while a Woman should be subject to her Husband, that her husband must also give hismelf in sacrifice to her as jesus did for his church and that Husband and Wife are ONE Flesh.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    2 Timothy 3: 11 "Give not thy purse to women who gaggle about buying cloth, seen they should be but not heard, always in a head covering but nothing else...."

I'm trying to picture the morning rush hour with the subway filled with naked women, wearing nothing but hats...

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Finally-free,

Hmm interesting picture, some of it is very nice, other parts...*shudders*...scary !

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Hmm interesting picture, some of it is very nice, other parts...*shudders*...scary !

You could pass the time calculating the cheese curd to ass dimple ratio.

W

• meangirl
    meangirl

Yes Paul did like to give his opinion alot and I view that scripture as just that HIS opinion!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Finally-free,

OIVEY !!!

Meangirl,

Paul was a "victim of his time and his audience" and one must remember that in matters of CUSTOM, what the ancients did has very little to do with what we do.

Let's not forget that Jesus held women in very high regard, but in many ways, he too was a "victim" of culture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit