The Faithful Steward and it's Governing Body

by Mickey mouse 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notbychoice
    notbychoice

Hi, I'm new here. Haven't posted on any sites for a number of years. I have read this thread and saw some of my own thoughts expressed in various posts. I became a JW in the early seventies. The one thing I keep thinking about as I look at the GovBod's reach for absolute authority is that they keep claiming to represent the FDS. But it is just common sense that a representative confers with those who are being represented.

It seems to me that if Jesus appointed a Faithful and Discreet slave, then the actual authority to feed the proper food at the proper time would be placed on their shoulders. Perhaps the GovBod is dyslexic. Maybe what they MEANT to say is that they RESENT the FDS, not that they REP-resent the FDS. That would perhaps explain the efforts to discredit and diminish all partakers. UNLESS the GovBod really doesn't believe in a FDS at all. The org has changed SO MUCH in the last 40 years.

• Wrath of Jehu
    Wrath of Jehu

I can hardly believe that it's been a whole year since this wonderful article was studied at our Kingdom Hall. It puts things in their proper in regard to how we treat ones who claim to be of the anointed. I recall a dear brother once admonishing me not to listen to those who claim to be of the anointed stating "any nut job who claims to be anointed, should be watched carefully". I always wondered what he meant by that, but now it's clear; oh how crystal clear it is. The Governing Body feeds us spiritually and is our ONLY source for instruction. We MUST obey them. Our very lives are at stake. To not obey the "slave's" instruction is like spitting in the face of our Creator. We wait; oh how we wait for that benevolent instruction that comes through the pages of the Watchtower foremost, and Awake and the other society publications secondarily.

When I receive the new study articles I immediately place the magazine in a sealed report style envelope and place it securely in my book bag. I treat it like the solid gold it is. I then drive home with my copy of "gold" securely locked in my book bag and rush inside to read it. I eagerly devour every nugget of information as if it were the only words that matter in my life. Indeed they are the only words that do matter.

I know that the dear "Holy Ones" who make up the Governing Body are each appointed by our Superlative Anointer Himself, so I treat each and every sentence in the magazine as if it was personally written by 'The Master" Himself. I picture our Grand Author sitting down at His celestial desk, in His celestial office, with celestial pen in hand, writing each and every word presented in Watchtower magazine. He then gives the finished "scroll" to His celestial secretary; who might be likened to an anti-typical Boaz class, represented by our dear congregational elders, who can then be likened to an a-typical chaffling class representative, serving as it were in a glorious anti-typical assistant to our dear "wheat bearers" who are most certainly represented by the Faithful Slave.

All the best,

Wrath of Jehu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit