40TH Anniversary Of Tate-Labianca Murders

by George Yurich 46 Replies latest social current

• poppers
    poppers

Susan Atkins was convicted of a crime and spent the rest of her life in jail. Ironically, she probaby made more out of her life in jail than she ever would have had she never met Manson. Life with Manson gave her a kind of structure to her life that she didn't have before, but that structure channeled her in the wrong direction. Jail gave her a structure that allowed her to do some good. Even so, I don't feel she ever should have been allowed out of jail.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have just read Susan's version of the events and the court case. Very interesting.

She didn't consider Manson a Guru at all. Just a user and abuser and manipulator who preached love but was only looking after himself. Compare that to GB attitude to followers.

She thought that Helter Skelter (Manson's version of Armageddon) was just BS to feed the women and kids. Manson didn't believe that at all. Is that what the GBs think too? It wouldn't surprise me.

Susan felt that Manson got the Family to commit the murders, not for financial gain or Helter Skelter, but just so that the members were as guilty as he thought he was, so that they wouldn't put his pot on. He thought he was guilty of murder, when he actually wasn't because his victim hadn't died. He bumped into his 'murder' victim in the courthouse during his trial. What a mess.

Susan became a Born Again Christian in 1974.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bugliosi's account makes more sense. I have a hard time believing any of Manson's followers.

• Farkel
    Farkel

big tex,

:Bugliosi's account makes more sense. I have a hard time believing any of Manson's followers.

I find it nearly impossible to believe Susan Atkins in her story where she claimed she didn't murder Sharon Tate, or anyone else, that she was framed. She had nothing to lose and everything to gain by that claim, and that makes it nearly worthless.

Why did she brag about her personal involvement in the murders soon after them while she was in jail for something else, then?

Farkel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I finished reading Bugliosi's account with the feeling that he was a very good lawyer, but had a bit of luck on his side as well.

Susan's idea that Manson didn't believe Helter Skelter himself makes a lot of sense to me.

I think that when the murders occured Manson was just a drug loving criminal trying to dig his way out of of an ever deepening hole of his own creation. A tragic comedy of errors. He is still trying to keep up his Guru illusion with ATWAr.

• WuzLovesDubs
  • WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I remember reading Helter Skelter. VERY disturbing stuff. I dont care who wielded weapons or if they were just lookouts...they all should have been incarcerated for LIFE for involvement.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Why did she brag about her personal involvement in the murders soon after them while she was in jail for something else, then?

She explains that in her version of the events.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Susan, I am pointing out that Manson didn't think he was the messiah. He knew damned well that he was just a naughty boy and he was trying to protect his arse. I think that many of GB may be the same. Different crime, same strategy. Get your members to be guilty of stuff they would normally be ashamed of so that they are not in a position attack you without admitting offences they committed in following you.

That would be one of the prime reasons my father would never leave his cult.

Chris

• Farkel
    Farkel

For the record, I lived in Los Angeles in June, 1969 when the murders happened. I remember being on the freeway that day after the LaBianca murders and looking at the cars beside me wondering, "could that driver have been one of the killers?"

It was a BIG DEAL in Los Angeles, trust me.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I find it nearly impossible to believe Susan Atkins in her story where she claimed she didn't murder Sharon Tate, or anyone else, that she was framed. She had nothing to lose and everything to gain by that claim, and that makes it nearly worthless.

They were all so drugged up, and the women were beaten and treated as whores, I just find it so hard to believe any of them accurately remember anything from 1969. I remember reading John Lennon couldn't remember large parts of recording Sgt. Pepper because he was tripping on acid so much.

I know how hard it is for me to remember abusive treatment, and I wasn't on drugs.

Black Sheep, I hear you and I mean no disrespect, but whilst they're sitting in jail, and having committed such hideous acts that they did, I find it more believable that they're going to spin events in such a way that their version makes them look better. It's human nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit