40TH Anniversary Of Tate-Labianca Murders

by George Yurich 46 Replies latest social current

• undercover
    undercover

It's my understanding that if someone dies during the process of committing a felony, then all parties committing the felony can be charged with murder, no matter who pulled the trigger, or did the stabbing, or even if the victim died of a heart attack due to fear and stress.

Leaving that aside even...Van Houten was there, was part of the crime, tried to wipe away evidence. Just as guilty as if she had stabbed a living corpse...

As already pointed out, Manson wasn't even there, didn't take part. He masterminded it, ordered it. The rest carried it out. Just as he's guilty, Van Houten is guilty.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I believe that because Manson ordered the homicides to be committed that he is the most culpable.

If I tell you to kill your wife and you go and kill your wife, am I guilty of murder?

• undercover
    undercover
    If I tell you to kill your wife and you go and kill your wife, am I guilty of murder?

It's not that simple...

Charlie just didn't say, "hey guys...you should go kill someone...". It was a brainwashing job. He presented himself as Messiah and indoctrinated the members over time to believe in him and his mission.

If the Watchtower Society indoctrinates people to not take blood in an emergency and they die, is the Society completely free of blame in causing that death?

• JWoods
    JWoods

And how about this little gem from the ancient history of California Crime -

_________

Music legend Phil Spector, in prison for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson, has been writing letters about his life behind bars — saying in a letter released Wednesday that he fears for his safety and would like to be moved to “a better prison.”

Spector wrote to his friend Steve Escobar, a musician and music journalist, of his chagrin at being in the same prison as notorious murderers including Charles Manson and Sirhan Sirhan.

He said he is working with his attorneys “to get a better prison with people more like myself in it during the appeal process instead of all these lowlife scumbags, gangsters and Manson types....They’d kill you here for a 39-cent bag of soup!”

_________

0.39$ is your value? Well, no $$hit $$herlock... and he "wants to be in a better prison with people more like myself". Yup, OK. Right...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've been to the Manson family ranch in Death Valley. It's very remote and hard to get to; you have to hike or drive a 4WD up a winding boulder-strewn wash. The building is not marked on any official park map or guide. This is the place where Manson was arrested, for all things, of destroying a grader used in the park (which apparently was very expensive at the time). What is creepy is that "friends of Charlie" visit the building from time to time. Apparently, the building was totally gutted in a fire earlier this year. That is a real shame since the ranch house was amazingly pristine when I visited it (back in 2000, I think it was).

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Yes it is my contention that Van Houten was wrongfully convicted of homicide. Van Houten should only have been charged with desecration of a corpse since the Labianca's were already deceased when Van Houten inflicted the stab wounds.

What evidence do you have to support your contention?

Van Houten was given a fair trial and convicted. Why do you think that trial was in error?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    If the Watchtower Society indoctrinates people to not take blood in an emergency and they die, is the Society completely free of blame in causing that death?

This touches upon the Nazi Nuremberg defense - "I was just doing what I was told." On the other hand, the psychopaths that told them to do it were very careful to cover their tracks and the ones left still alive after the war claimed that they never told anybody to do anything.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:If I tell you to kill your wife and you go and kill your wife, am I guilty of murder?

John Gotti was. At the very least, you could be convicted of racketeering under RICO laws.

Farkel

• George Yurich
    George Yurich

Atkins was denied parole for what could be the final time as she is dying of cancer.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Oh, what a shame. I am heart broken

Squeaky is out. Watch your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit