Do You Believe In "God"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

If by "God" you mean an omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent intelligence that created the universe and still exists now, then no. I don't.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I see no reason to conclude there is one, I see no need to fear one, if there is one, I'm willing to bet he doesn't care if I believe in Him or not.

The belief that God care whether or not you believe in him matters, is a religious hook design to get you and keep you in the fold can you imagine the income and power loss if they told the opposite?

• villabolo
    villabolo

The word "God" should be restricted to that of a personal sentient being to avoid any confusion with any other mystical ideas.

Now if by God you mean a personal one my answer is NO. I am an atheist intellectually but a pantheist at heart. I worship the Universe.

villabolo

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The reason christians like it simple is because they are simple people.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Believe needs to be defined. Believe is the same as a belief system of some kind. I believe or have a belief about such and such. Why do I believe in what I believe in? And why do I not believe or not have a belief system of some kind about such and such?

Those who answered that they believe in God have their own personal reason and so too those who say they don't.

I for one have come to the decision that each one has to live with what they believe or don't believe about the question of God's existence.

May I recommend a book? " The Question of God" C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and The Meaning Of Life. DR. Armand M. Nicholi, Jr.

Google it. I found it to be exciting and couldn't put it down. It was as if I was listening to Lewis and Freud in person debating the question of God.

Blueblades

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thats what I believe !!!so ruddy simple after so many doors I knocked on

where were you then Stephen?????

Well Grace, it's about knocking on His door, not mine Matthew 7:7

That said, Jesus was knocking on your door for a long time no doubt? Revelation 3:20-21

As you probably can guess, everyone who knocks on my door with their "other gospel" gets to hear the real one 2 Corinthians 11:4 Galatians 1:8-9

I just hope some of them are listening Matthew 13:15-16

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit